Ohio-Toledo

Ceremony only locations

Alright, so I think I want to get married in a church but FH and I don't belong to one. I love the chapel at Nazareth Hall but you can't use it unless you have your reception there too. And that's not something we want.
So anyone have any suggestions? We would like a chapel or a church or open to outdoor or any other indoor space for a ceremony only. We live in Port Clinton, so we would like something east of Toledo. THanks

Re: Ceremony only locations

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_ceremony-only-locations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:4ab00a1b-4d02-4113-bdc4-855406188365Post:ce936b74-4d0f-4ed5-b06f-c6226fc71ee2">Ceremony only locations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Alright, so I think I want to get married in a church but FH and I don't belong to one. I love the chapel at Nazareth Hall but you can't use it unless you have your reception there too. And that's not something we want. So anyone have any suggestions? We would like a chapel or a church or open to outdoor or any other indoor space for a ceremony only. We live in Port Clinton, so we would like something east of Toledo. THanks
    Posted by JuKaV[/QUOTE]

<div>Would you consider on the island? I know Put in bay has a nice little chapel that allows nonmembers to marry there. What religion are you? Would you want to join the church? To have a church wedding you usually have to go through marriage counseling, its no big deal, but it will take time to complete, is that something you would be ok with? </div>
    Jenn
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_ceremony-only-locations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:4ab00a1b-4d02-4113-bdc4-855406188365Post:ce936b74-4d0f-4ed5-b06f-c6226fc71ee2">Ceremony only locations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Alright, so I think I want to get married in a church but FH and I don't belong to one. I love the chapel at Nazareth Hall but you can't use it unless you have your reception there too. And that's not something we want. So anyone have any suggestions? We would like a chapel or a church or open to outdoor or any other indoor space for a ceremony only. We live in Port Clinton, so we would like something east of Toledo. THanks
    Posted by JuKaV[/QUOTE]

<div>Wolcott House has a small chapel out back that is really cute.  Or the Manor House at wildwood</div><div>
    </div><div>So many outside places around Toledo... Wildwood, Botanical Gardens.....</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • We're going through the same issue right now. Wolcott house is a great, intimate location. Wildwood is perfect as long as your wedding isn't Sept - Nov 2013 because they are repairing the roof and not allowing weddings near the Manor House. The Botanical Gardens are a bit far from the highway and not on the east side, but they have multiple ceremony locations and are very affordable. 

The zoo used to be a great option, but they also no longer allow ceremony only rentals. Good luck!
  • So why not Marblehead??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards