Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Nonsappy Mother/Son dance Song Suggestion

My fianc and I are having a hard time deciding on a mother/son dance song for he and his mom. They are not very close, and most of the songs we are coming across do not fit their relationship. Does anyone have any suggestions for nonsappy songs?

Thanks!

Re: Nonsappy Mother/Son dance Song Suggestion

• I don't think a mother/son dance is nessasary if your fiance would rather just skip it.. My fiance didn't care what the song was and I didn't feel like it was my place to choose.. So we ended up letting his Mom choose the song.  Its about as sappy as you can get, but apparently it played a lot while she was pregnant so it makes her think of him. (Somewhere Out There by Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram)
    255313_3528328290997_1532703995_n
    We say, "I do" on July 12, 2014.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
  • Ditto PP -- if they're not close and if she won't care, just skip it. You don't have to do the spotlight dances just because they're traditional, and most people don't care to watch them anyway.

If you don't want to skip it, try asking his mom if there's something specific she'd like. If she doesn't have any suggestions, Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" is common and fairly short.
  • any 2 live crew song would work...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards