Illinois-Chicago

Dj recommendations

Anyoe have any good recommendations? or ones to avoid?

Re: Dj recommendations

• We are using MDM Entertainment. I haven't had my wedding yet but they have been so awesome to work with and gave us a nice discount for booking lighting services with the DJ. I can give you a review of how the DJ did after my wedding in September if you are interested.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just spoke with Jeff from Just Press Play. They are so affordable and the yelp reviews are wonderful. It's not the traditional type of DJ services, but I really liked the concept a lot. Here is their website and contract information: 

Jeff
    Just Press Play Productions
    www.JustPressPlayPro.com
    P: (847) 660-0256

F: (877) 354-3161

Yelp Reviews: 
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Toast and Jam is great!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_dj-recommendations-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:aec23955-c047-466b-829f-da2c8e4e9a4dPost:bee90dcd-2fd0-4562-be33-e173c86909f3">Re: Dj recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Toast and Jam is great!
    Posted by KatWAG[/QUOTE]

Agree.  We are using Kristin for our Sept 2013 wedding and she is awesome!

Rachel and Kate did my friends wedding in 2010 and they were fantastic, too. 

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am using Something2Dance2. My wedding isn't until September but so far they have been great. So easy to work with and the price is right. Plus, they have this awesome online form for clients where you can fill everything out on your own time and browse through popular wedding songs (which came in handy for my fiance and I since we had no idea what we wanted). So far, so good :) I recommend checking them out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using Sounds Abound out of Naperville. We haven't had our wedding yet, but our DJ played at FI's cousin's wedding. So far they have been afforable and very easy to work with. They have an online planning system to plan out music for the whole ceremony and reception.
  • jls522jls522 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We're also using Sounds Abound for our wedding. Our DJ played at a friend's wedding a couple years ago and he was great! I second what PP said about how easy they are to work with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Windy City Mix! Very reasonably priced, and Rodrigo was great to work with. Our dance floor was hopping all night!
    Photobucket
  • We used Sounds Abound for our May wedding.  Our DJ was Matt Ammons and he was fantastic!  It was a no brainer for us because my sister had used them for her July 2010 wedding and they did such a good job.  
    Can't say enough about the company and Matt.  Great price, great service, great communication and most importantly a great DJ! 
    They were one of those vendors who I knew I wouldn't have to stress out about and I was right.  I highly reccommend them.
    0637_IMG_9731 Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are using Music By Design.  When we met with them we actually met the person who will be our DJ.  He seemed really great and we're looking forward to it.  I found him when I was at my venue and was setting up for another wedding.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've heard great things about Sounds Abound and Toast 'n Jam (a bit out of our budget, but several friends used them and they were great).

Our wedding isn't until October, and we decided on Chi City Enterprises - a small Naperville-based company that's been around about 35 years. They've been great to work with so far, very accomodating with our budget, and insist on sending two people to every event, with a backup of everything, so if anything happens, you'll never notice, hopefully! I'm so looking forward to our big day!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_dj-recommendations-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:aec23955-c047-466b-829f-da2c8e4e9a4dPost:02af0ccd-1b54-4931-b6bd-764d55f4f5b8">Re: Dj recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used Sounds Abound for our May wedding.  Our DJ was Matt Ammons and he was fantastic!  It was a no brainer for us because my sister had used them for her July 2010 wedding and they did such a good job.   Can't say enough about the company and Matt.  Great price, great service, great communication and most importantly a great DJ!  They were one of those vendors who I knew I wouldn't have to stress out about and I was right.  I highly reccommend them.
    Posted by daizee32[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>HA!  I went to school with Matt :)

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AtomicLushAtomicLush member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Roberto Monastero!

We saw him at a friend's wedding and he was awesome!  He personalized it to the Bride/Groom, was able to keep people on the dance floor, and was interactive.  He was the one vendor we *had* to book.  He also has an online interface for song selection.  (Although I think most real DJ's do.)

www.robertomonastero.com
  • We booked Al from Okyne Media...Wedding is not until next year but him and wife Stacy have been AWESOME to work with so far. They also have an online system to choose songs and create a timeline.
  • We booked Mike from DJ Chicago.  He was a great guy and really knew how to work a crowd.  At the end of the night, our venue coordinator said she hadn't ever seen that many people on the dance floor for that long.  We couldn't have been happier.  
  • Toast & Jam!! DJ Katie & Rachel are doing our wedding in May 2013!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards