Texas-Houston

The Vineyards of Waverly Manor OR Haak Winery?

Okay so I found these two places although I’ve been looking at others as well I am really thinking of the Winery though....

Pros of Waverly Manor: (everything but the minister/grooms cake and flowers are included)
Pro's of Haak Winery: IT’S A WINERY!

I have got pricing for both and if you guys don't already know this is going to be very small wedding. I want to keep it as inexpensive as possible but don't want it to be tacky or look cheap. Does that make sense?
Guest amount 50-75

What are your thoughts?
Have any of you looked at either if these venues?I am going to set up an appointment for Waverly Manor and I am attending a Bridal Show on May 2nd @ Haak…
Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket

Re: The Vineyards of Waverly Manor OR Haak Winery?

• ib4eplzib4eplz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

One of my friends originally chose Waverly Manor.  However she soon cancelled before she put the deposit down because one of her friends worked there and she told my friend they leave the food out like an hour or so before the dinner starts.  so then its cold.  I don't know though.  Could just be a nasty rumor.  My FI's cousin was married there last year.  We couldn't go but everyone else said they loved it! I would say look into it!

• edited December 2011
    I went to an open house at Waverly Manor.  We did really like it!  The food was good (although PP might very well be right), we liked the people, and the space is really nice.  The location of it is what nixed it off our list - you have to drive through some strange run-down area to get there, and it's at least 20 mins to the nearest hotel - which is a problem since most of our guests will be from out of town.  If you're looking for that size, price, and feel of a place (outdoorsy without being country), I'd recommend you look at the Orchard at Caney Creek.  We totally love it.  You can email me at ashandallanwedding@gmail.com if you want more info about it.
  • edited December 2011
    @ FutureMrsRoss-I have emailed Ms Sandy she has sent me some information I think Shon & I might cancel the bridal show and go see The Orchard, Im super excited! The price is perfect too & the lodging CUTE! Thank you so much for the info I emailed you as well.(this was before I got the info from Ms Sandy)
    Thanks again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards