Moms and Maids

Uh...

Deleting. I was cranky, no bounderies issues she just wants to be involved and it pisses me off because she is/has never been involved with much of what we do.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Uh...

• If you want to have a normal, adult married life, you need to learn to set boundaries with your mother and MIL now, not later.

Practice, practice, practice: "Mom (or MIL), this is what I'm doing.  It's not up for debate."   

Also don't invite them to events in the future, or talk about wedding stuff with them.  If they ask questions, just be vague: "Oh, FI and I are taking care of that," and then change the subject if they press more.

Like, seriously, you need to set your boundaries now, or they'll be telling you how to decorate your house and how to raise your children next.
  •  Thanks,

I understand where that woud be a problem. Unfortunately that's not the issue.

I just don't like her and I think I'm madhat she wants to be involved with something so big but yet I can cout the # of times she has been to our house on one hand n the past 4 years.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I will be using the "it's not up for debate" love it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh wow I was at work reading the last post on my phone and about died laughing.

His mother said something about coming with me to do some budaur (? spelling) pics, you know the sexy ones you give to your fiancee, and I was like no, thats personal. She was like well I get to be in the room when you give birth right? I said no, I don't want people in there when I have a baby coming out of my vagina, that's not something I want everyone having access to. She got all freakking pouty and he daughter (rude- snotty) hugged her and was like oh it's ok you can be in the room when I have kids... really???

So, how do I go about setting bounderies with his mom without her blaming me for "taking her son away, and not including her in our lives"? This is the issue if I say anything or if he does. and he feels the same way I do.

How do I tell her no I don't want you to come with me to our wedding planner consultation, she has already brought it up 3 or 4 times.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's what I've been doing up til the past couple months, now I've just been saying no. LOL and she just brings it right back up! UGH. Anyways I'm not going to have a wedding planner, I'm goig to just try diy. Now she can help and I wont have to pay a biggilion dollars! Both get our way.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's what I've been doing up til the past couple months, now I've just been saying no. LOL and she just brings it right back up! UGH. Anyways I'm not going to have a wedding planner, I'm goig to just try diy. Now she can help and I wont have to pay a biggilion dollars! Both get our way.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards