Chit Chat

Pregnacy Dream

Save me please! Every since I moved in with my boyfriend/fiancee. I have been having dreams that I am pregnant. It is getting to me. I don't think I am pregnant but, there is always that possiablity. I am now running on maybe 5 hours of sleep because yet again I dreamt I was pregnant. The dream went something like this boyfriend/fiancee and I are at a OBGYN and they tell me there is something wrong with our child. Then I am shopping in the mall for baby clothes which makes no sense. Then I woke up please tell me I am not going crazy.

Re: Pregnacy Dream

• Take a pregnancy test, and be sure to follow the directions closely to avoid a false negative.  Or go to the doctor and take one there.  I know that when I'm stressed about my period being late (I've always been irregular), it's a vicious cycle because the stress makes me later, which causes more stress.  A friend of mine advised me to take a pregnancy test right away if I'm worried about it, and invariably I get my period the next day.

Maybe your subconscious just really wants a baby.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Hopefully this doesn't freak you out, but vivid dreams and/or nightmares can actually be a symptom of pregnancy.  I agree with aerin, you should probably get a preggo test. It will put your mind to ease and probably help you sleep better.  Doubling up on birth control methods might help you relax about it too.

Good luck!
    Photobucket
  • Certain medications can also cause very vivid and bizarre dreams.  If you're on any meds check the side effects.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ugh I dont wanna be a mommy right now. I hope I am not pregnant. Could it be from changes in your body. I am about a week away from starting.
  • When I was 19 this happened to me. It was right before my ex and me broke up but at the time I didn't know it was going to happen. We were house sitting my parents house for a week and for three nights in a row I dreamt I was pregnant each dream was at different stages, finding out, deciding whether I was going to keep it and 6 months pregnant but telling everyone my ex wasn't going to be involved with the child's life. Now being so young and having these dreams of course freaked me, just like you. So I looked up on dream dictionary and this is what I found:

To dream that you are pregnant, symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing. You may not be ready to talk about it or act on it. Being pregnant in your dream may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or goal. Alternatively, if you are trying to get pregnant, then the dream may be a wish fulfillment. If you are not trying to get pregnant, but dream that you are, then it symbolizes fear of new responsibilities. 

Of course it does go on to say later that pregnant women who dream this could represent your anxieties about being pregnant.

But like PP you might want to take a test, even if you think you aren't.

imageAnniversary
  • I get weird dreams (not pregnancy related ones) a few days before my period. It is just something that happens, it is normal for me. I can always tell when it is coming.
  • Definitely take a pregnancy test ASAP to put you at ease. And like one knottie said double up on birth control.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards