Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Beach resorts with plenty of activities?

Hello everyone!

Does anyone know of any all inclusive resorts in the Carribean/Mexico that offer plenty of entertainment and activities? My husband and I tend to get bored very easily and like having a lot of activities to choose from (i.e. shows, trivia games, classes or tastings...etc). We like laying on the beach, but can't imagine doing that for the whole vacation. Any suggestions? We don't care where it is, as long as the area is beautiful. 

Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Beach resorts with plenty of activities?

• Options
    I think you can find a lot to do at any resort you go to honestly.  I've been to two sandals resorts, negril in Jamaica and the Royal Bahamian in the bahamas.  Both had all sorts of water activities like kayaking, paddleboarding, etc.  In Jamaica you could take scuba lessons.  You could also pay for other activities like jet skiing and booze cruises.  They always have activities going on like beach volleyball and pool games.  You can also chose to go off the resort and do things, like in the bahamas we took the public bus and went down to the center of town.  
  • Options
    I agree with pp. Pretty much anywhere you can find a lot to do.

Thus far we have been to Sandals Grande St. Lucian (2x's), Sandals Negril, Sandals Grande Antigua and The Royal Cancun in Mexico. All are aduls only and all inclusive. There has been plenty to do and we have not been bored. 

I will say, with Sandals there has not been much night life other than Negril which had a pretty good dance club. However, during the day there was plenty to do. If night life is what you really crave The Royal Cancun was a good location as it is right in the hotel zone of Cancun where there are plenty of bars,restaurants and clubs with in walking distance.

I have reviews and pics of all in a link in my siggy "Our website"

HTH

• Options
    The Valentin Imperial Maya had something happening almost every hour, every day. We went out of the resort, so we didn't get to particiapte in a lot of them, but they looked really fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Agreed, pretty much every resort has a ton of activities. We stayed at a RIU Palace Riviera Maya and they had a ton of things to do. Constand classes, beach volleyball, swimming, bingo and the nightly shows were awesome. There is never a lack of things to do. And also in the Riviera Maya there are a ton of things you can do in the area. There are ecological parks, mayan ruins to see, shopping, swimming in a cenote, cave diving and zip lining to name a few. Some people associate All Inclusives or Resorts with boring or no activity but in reality it just depends on what you want to do. If you want a ton to do there is plenty. If you are looking to relax on the beach then you can do that too.

What is your budget? Then hopefully we can help you with a specific resort or area in your price range.

• Options
    Our budget is 4-5,000
    The only area I'm not considering is Cancun. Just because we already went there and even though it was beautiful, we like seeing a different place with each vacation. I wouldn't be opposed to going back to Mexico though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Riviera Maya which is south of Cancun is completely different. Cancun is more of a party city and much more urban. Riviera Maya is a lot more laid back but aadventerous. There is still a night life and fun to be had but it isn't as spring break feeling and the activities are much closer.

I think you could probably afford almost any destination. It really depends on what type of an atmosphere you are looking for or if you are wanting something different then Mexico or any other particular locations you would want to visit.

• Options
    Have you considered the DR? Depending on where you are flying from it can be super affordable. We stayed at an all-inclusive called Lifestyles. Had an awsome vacation. Great because it had quiet areas as well as bars and clubs. We even went waterfalling. This is the site we went through. They were great.
    http://www.lifestyleholidaysvacation.com/
    Tell them Kathleen sent you. They should remember us since our trip was not that long ago. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards