Texas-Houston
Options

Help! Beginning process of planning want a reasonable location in Houston! Please Help :)!

Just got engaged and want to plan a wedding for next March.  Don't want to sound cheap, but want to try to keep it honestly around $15,000-$20,000 total. 

Is there any place in Houston that does it all for you or that someone would recommend.  I am planning around hopefully 100 guests.  

Will have a lot of out of town guests so will need a hotel, too.  I am open to suggestions.  Just looking to try to do everything wedding dress down to honeymoon for the cost above and am getting frustrated, because I am not sure that is possible!

Thanks for anyone who replies :)

Re: Help! Beginning process of planning want a reasonable location in Houston! Please Help :)!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    it's TOTALLY doable!!

we'd be better able to give recs tho...if you tell us what you're looking for...indoor/outdoor ceremony/reception for starters and what part of town you're looking for... there's tons of venues all over town, and if you give us a littttttle bit more info, we'll be able to narrow it down for you.

oh and welcome!
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    yes, very very doable! BTW And you don't sound cheap. Is there a certain part of town you want to stay in?

Congrats and welcome to the board!
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011

yep very do able, i'm in that range that you have and i have 150 ppl getting married at The Gallery

Planning Bio
    Updated 8/24
    The Planning Blog
    Updated 8/26

• Options
    msl002msl002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

furturemrslewis , I have just begun the planning process (this is my first post!), and I have been considering The Gallery for my wedding. Do you have any helpful information?

Thanks so much!

• Options
    icekitty37icekitty37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the gallery looked so gorgeous but it was booked the entire month of October! and that was a year ahead!

Honestly doable with that budget. That is our budget - with about 100 guests. We are having our reception at Pine Forest Country Club. It's a nice big ball room with views of the golf course. There are a lot of other country clubs you can look at too.

If you prefer all indoors, there are some great hotels that have nice ballrooms too, like the OMNI or the Magnolia (a bit pricier).

I found that all inclusive places were definitely more expensive overall.
  • Options
    jorgemega10jorgemega10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Majestic downtown, Rice Hotel, and Czech Museum would all be in that price range.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards