• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2010 Weddings

Steam mop?

I'm sure this was talked about at some point when we were all making our registries. I apologize if it's a repeat. I also tried to check the cleaning board on TN but they seem to get this post a lot and not respond to it.

I'm looking to purchase a steam mop. Did anyone get one from your registry? What brand or model was it and do you like it or dislike it?

Thanks!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Steam mop?

• We have the Shark Steam Mop.  I don't think it was worth the money.  I still have to do just as much work with it as if we only had a mop and Bucket.  It works and it's nice that the microfiber pads it comes with are washable and reuseable.  It is more for light cleaning, I think.  I will say also that it works better than my older model Hoover Floormate and was less pricey.  I just wouldn't spend the money on it again.  I saw on TV that they have a vac and steam.  I am wondering how well that one works! 

I am such a cleaning gadget sucker!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I bought this one (<- clicky) with a gift card.  I do like it.  I've used it on our hardwood floors and the linoleum in the bathroom.  I like that it uses steam to clean, and not chemicals, but other than that, it's a pretty basic mop.  The pads are washable and reusable, which is nice.  It's easy to use, and I like not having to wring the mop out every few swipes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

• I got the Shark Steam mop off my registry from my sister but have yet to use it. I have a friend that lives on a farm and has a dog and she absolutely love love loves it. So I am super excited to try it out, planning a cleaning day for monday, I will report back :)
    23 Weeks and Counting!

Visit The Nest!
    Anniversary
  • I just purchased the Shark Steam Mop & then Steam (2 in 1). I will let you all know how it works!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Get a HAAN!!  I love mine!  We've used it on our hardwood floors and the linoleum.  It's so easy - and the reusable, throw in the washing machine- pads are fantastic.  I felt like I had the whole downstairs sanitized in 10 minutes flat.  
    We actually registered for another brand first, I don't remember which, but then I started looking at reviews online and the Haan usually won out.  
    I let my sister use it in her bedroom, on carpet, because she said there was a weird smell.  It's obviously not made for carpet, but it must have killed what ever was causing the smell then dried quick because she said it worked like  a charm.  

• We have the Bissell and it works well on the concrete tile.  I would have preferred the Shark but my Mom had an almost-new Bissell that she gave us.  I'm not sure I'd use it on the wood floors but it helps in the kitchen and bathrooms.
    Our Wedding Day
  • I bought us a bissel with a gift certificate and absolutely love it.  it uses distilled water and i add a few drops of essential oil which smells really nice.

the only weird thing is that it comes with a "hanging attachment" and neither of us can figure out where it attaches on the mop.....it's the new mystery......
  • In Response to Re: Steam mop?:
    Get a HAAN!!  I love mine!  We've used it on our hardwood floors and the linoleum.  It's so easy - and the reusable, throw in the washing machine- pads are fantastic.  I felt like I had the whole downstairs sanitized in 10 minutes flat.   We actually registered for another brand first, I don't remember which, but then I started looking at reviews online and the Haan usually won out.   I let my sister use it in her bedroom, on carpet, because she said there was a weird smell.  It's obviously not made for carpet, but it must have killed what ever was causing the smell then dried quick because she said it worked like  a charm.  
    Posted by EmDizzle
    The one I bought (Kohls) has a special carpet pad. 

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards