Wedding Party
Options

How late is too late?

So, my hubby-to-be and I asked our wedding party if they would be in our wedding about 5 months ago. Now, he mentioned adding a 5th person to his side, but is wavering on it. I had wanted to ask another of my friends to be a bridesmaid, but I wanted the sides to be even, so I didn't. Is it too late to ask them to be in the wedding party? I don't want to make it feel like a pity invite or anything, but I feel like its too late since I asked all the others so long ago.

Re: How late is too late?

• Options
    If you didn't ask them in the first place, then they aren't that great of friends.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    It's not too late to ask new people.

But it's pretty insulting to say or imply, "I didn't ask you in the beginning because numbers were more important to me than your friendship. But now that my fiance wants another guy, I need another girl, so how about joining?"

I personally wouldn't ask her, and just deal with uneven sides. You really risk offending her if you ask her only because your FI is asking an additional guy.

If you want to add her because you feel it was wrong to exclude her just to keep the sides even, then I would be prepared to eat some major crow and apologize for what you did to her.
  • Options
    In Response to Re: How late is too late?:
    [QUOTE]It's not too late to ask new people. But it's pretty insulting to say or imply, "I didn't ask you in the beginning because numbers were more important to me than your friendship. But now that my fiance wants another guy, I need another girl, so how about joining?" I personally wouldn't ask her, and just deal with uneven sides. You really risk offending her if you ask her only because your FI is asking an additional guy. If you want to add her because you feel it was wrong to exclude her just to keep the sides even, then I would be prepared to eat some major crow and apologize for what you did to her.
    Posted by mbcdefg[/QUOTE]

It's like you are in my head. 

• Options
    Uneven sides are fine.  You shouldn't ask or not ask people to be in the wedding party based on whether or not your numbers will be even.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards