Missouri-Kansas City

CaraSue Hall

I've read some old posts and have seen CaraSue Hall recommended a few times as a makeup artist.  I have visited her webpage and contacted her. 
I am looking for someone to do both my hair and makeup....her makeup prices are more than I was wanting to spend, but if she is REALLY good, I'm willing to make the concession ---- any experience with her?

I'm also wondering about her hairstyling, as I haven't really read many comments on that and she features more of her makeup on her website.

Any reviews, recommendations, or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

TIA

Re: CaraSue Hall

• jackandstephjackandsteph member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CaraSue did both my hair and make up for my wedding and she did a fantasic job! I recommened her to every girl I know getting married! She's really sweet and is very professional! I have very tricky, thick hair and she did it exactly how I wanted! I got so many compliments on my hair and make up on my wedding day from guests. She is also raved over on the wedding wire boards if you check those!
  • momo09momo09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used CaraSue as well (makeup only though) and can't say enough about her!!! She is really great to work with and will make you even more beautiful for your big day!!!! She did makeup for 11 people on my big day and ALL of them looked great.  You can check out pics in my bio or e-mail me for more info at triplm [at] hotmail [dot] com  If you book her you will NOT be disappointed!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I have also heard wonderful things about her and I def plan on using her! I know her prices are a little more but I've seriously never heard a bad thing about her. I've heard WAY too many horrible stories to go with just anyone!! :)  I'm so glad you posted this, it's great to hear more positive feedback!!

For those of you who have used her, did you go to her or did she come to you? And does she have people that help her or is she alone? I just can't imagine waiting that long for one person to do everyones hair and makeup! Did you do a trial? Are you glad you did?
  • edited December 2011
    MLC -- I've been emailing back and forth with her and I asked her some of your questions....
    She will come to you, and doesn't charge for up to 30 miles.  She is going to come to me downtown KC at no additional charge.  It seems as though she does everyone in the bridal party/room ...she probably just comes and starts early!

I'm going to do a hair/makeup trial -- she charges less for those, which isn't usually the case!

HTH!
  • prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CaraSue did my hair and makeup for my bpics session last night! I have to say.. she was SO AWESOME! Really sweet and amazing at what she does. Obviously, the setting was a little different from a wedding but she gave me exactly what I asked for. I wanted a sort of natural plus a little more look for my makeup and when I went out after the photo shoot everyone was raving about how great it looked!

And my hair was perfect! I just had her curl it, but she did a great job. My hair is very, very straight and slick, so normally I hate having it "done" because most people put too much product in it to get  it to hold. When CaraSue was done with my hair it still felt soft, yet I had these gorgeous loose curls. And they stayed put very well, even though I went out until 2am!

I am also using her for my wedding in October, and I can't recommend her enough! Definitely one of the best of KC!

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards