Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Wedding gifts

Do the parents of the bride(who paid for wedding) have the right to know what everyone gave the bride and groom?

Re: Wedding gifts

• Options
    Huh, that's a weird question.  Are your parents asking?  I think that the information shouldn't really be confidential to the B&G unless your parents plan to hold it against their friends/family (like: I can't believe Aunt May only gave you guys $100!).  I have no idea.  I know my sister shared the info with the family, but mostly in the cases of "wow, Uncle So and So gave us a $300 gift card!  how generous!".

Sorry, don't think I really helped.
  • Options
    I agree with noodle_00. As long as your parents are not going to hold it over thier head, I see no problem with them knowing. My fiance and I are opening gifts at my parent's house the day after the wedding. If they ask I definetly would not try to hide it. They may just be excited to hear, but I don't know your parents.
  • Options
    Nope.  When someone gives you a gift, it is a private matter between that person and you.  It's none of your parents business, and you shouldn't tell them.  
  • Options
    The only people who have any business knowing what you were given are you and your FI.

That other people may think it's their "right" to know is rather repulsive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards