Iowa-Des Moines

Weekend Wrap-Up!!

We can talk, wedding related happenings over the weekend, or non-wedding related happenings!!
It's up to you!!

What did you do this weekend?
Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
Anniversary
Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero

Re: Weekend Wrap-Up!!

• edited December 2011
    WR- Since my hard drive crashed on me late last week and it had all my wedding sutff on it, I spent most of Saturday night re-creating our guest list, etc.  That was probably the worst thing about wedding planning so far.  Luckily, I had a lot of the things in my heard, so it was pretty easy to re-do some of them. 
    Yesterday, we were able to buy the dress our flower girl is going to be wearing.  She will be 2, and it totally adorable.  
    NWR- Planted some pots on our deck, found out my hard drive was a total loss, Had a Numb3rs marathon with FI, tried to relax a bit. Helping my mom with her last minute details on her wedding on June 25th 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    WR: We started our registry at Kohls. We kept putting of registering because we were having a hard time coming up with things to register for (we've lived together for about 5 years) since we already have quite a bit of stuff. But, once we got started we came up with a few things and realized some of the stuff we have could use updating. We are registering on-line for now, but we may hit the stores and play with the scanners at some point too! We are also registering at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, but didn't end up making it all the way through the different Kohl's departments last night so we didn't get that one started yet.

NWR: Had dinner at Joe's Crab Shack on Saturday afternoon and while we were eating there former Hawkeye's football player Shone Greene came in. It was pretty awesome. My FI is a HUGE Hawkeye fan and even happened to be wearing a Hawkeye t-shirt. The manager came over and told us that he gave the wait staff autographs but that he said he didn't really want to, so we just admired from afar.
    image 31 Total invites!
    image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR: Finished up some shower invites for a great friend! Sent those on their way!! I got the rest of my inserts printed and going to get them cut out tomorrow.

NWR: Had a fun time at a football game on Saturday until the weather decided it was going to postpone the game until almost midnight, I couldn't stay but it was okay!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    WR:  I got the majority of our invitations addressed and I only messed up 5!  Whew!  We just need to get them stuffed and sealed.  Our plan is to send them out early next week.  Very exciting!!

NWR:  State track, lots of grading, and worked out. 
    Anniversary
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_weekend-wrap-up-23?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:80Discussion:08d27be6-89de-4862-80e0-22275547e747Post:304c8b91-a7e9-437e-b73f-e5fd4de5296c">Re: Weekend Wrap-Up!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]WR- <strong>Since my hard drive crashed on me late last week and it had all my wedding sutff on it, I spent most of Saturday night re-creating our guest list, etc.  That was probably the worst thing about wedding planning so far.</strong> 
    Posted by deregniern[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry this happened!!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

NWR: we had a cook out in my house. FI was craving to do a barbecue, so we invited some friends and had a great time!

WR: we finally bought FI wedding band. And he just doubled the budget for it!!! And my shower invitations that a great and very talented friend was working on, is arriving any time!!!

• ebagnallebagnall member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR: Threw a party for my bridesmaids to thank them for being awesome.  They surprised me with my bacheloretteparty, which was fabulous.  Their dresses were finished and they tried them on and they all look great!  I finished my cardbox, programs and almost finished my centerpieces.

NWR:  It was FI's little brother's high school graduation so we went to his grad party and then the ceremony the next day and celebrated with his family.

It was a very busy weekend!

Also, I'm getting married in 4 days!!!!! (Sorry I'm just really excited!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards