Honeymoon Discussions

small honeymoon for a budget bride

Okay so my fiance and I decided that we are having a honeymoon but right now we cannot afford to get out of the country b/c it will  be very expensive on us - so we decided to just go out of state like go to NY or any state that has a lot to do - any other ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
www.mrandmrsponce.com

Re: small honeymoon for a budget bride

• What is your budget? That will help us suggest things that are in reach...

• if you want a beach honeymoon there are plenty of options in the US....where do you live? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • ExpatPumpkinExpatPumpkin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2010
    It appears that you're from California and you'd like to HM in NY...  If you're considering NYC, it honestly would be cheaper to go to an AI resort in Mexico.  There are deals all the time that include flights.  NYC is incredible, but not budget-friendly :(
  • Chicago is fun. Have you looked into FL?

What kind of budget are you thinking of? And for how long do you want to go?

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It would probably be cheaper to fly to Hawaii than it would be to fly to New York if you're in California. Or, you could fly up to BC.
  • well I do live by the beach in the South Bay area in California and our budget is about 1K for our honeymoon but my friend is getting us a room at the Marriott for $50 a night but we just need to know where =/ we want to go somewhere were its not expensive and I know I know NY is very expensive but I LOVE NY! :) but at the same time...I would like to hear your opinions
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    www.mrandmrsponce.com
  • Well, if you can stay in a nice, well-located hotel in NYC for $50/night, it's a whole new ballgame ;)  If you find cheap flights, you just might pull it off.  Good luck ;)
  • Have you been up to Oregon?  There is so much to do there--in the city of Portland, and trips to the coast--but I guess whether or not you enjoy the outdoors would affect how much you could do there.
    "You're the L and the V, I'm the O and the E...Am I speaking clearly?"
  • You can definitely get cheap flights to places like Seattle. Have you been to Santa Fe? It is amazing. The food is so good. I can recommend a good B&B as well.

I'm going to Napa and driving there from LA. You might want to consider somewhere you can drive, like Phoenix/the Grand Canyon, San Francisco, etc, which would save money as well.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • My FI and I are going on a cruise to the Carribean.. about $249 each.  Interior room but we we don't plant to spend much time in it anyway.  Doesn't include airfard but maybe they have cruises leaving from your coast.  www.cruisesonly.com. we made sure to tel them this was our first time cruising and they gave us a great rate.
  • moslimosli member
    First Comment
    i was also going to sugest a cruise. We're going caribbean, but i've had socal friends who take 3-4 day cruises from the port at LA or San Diego down to Mexico. No airfare needed and the price includes room and food. For what you get, it really is a pretty good deal.
  • Perhaps go somewhere nearby like San Fran.  You can then go back on your anniversary every so often. 
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
  • You could try Vancouver BC.  Its a big city, lots of cool things to see, and then you can take a side trip to Victoria, Canada.  You could fly to Seattle, and then take the Clipper or Amtrak train,
  • Check out Costco Travel - we got a smokin' deal on a trip to Hawaii!
  • Cruises have become very affordable also, you might consider looking into that.  We are honeymooning in Carmel for a week, (only 4 hours away) but we are also on a limited budget and wanted to have a romantic getaway that wouldn't brake the bank..what about lake tahoe??
  • Upstate NY (albany area and north- lake george saratoga springs) is BEAUTIFUL! What time of year is it?  if you like lakes, scenery and different bu find activites, you'll love it. 

Saratoga springs has a horse raceway.  Lake george is a beautiful lake village with history. Fort Ticonderoga is just north. Lake placid is about 1-1/2h north of LG.  Howes Caverns is cool.  Baseball hall of fame.  there is a six flags locally as well.  You could get a beautiful place to stay on the lake. 
  • all i had to do was pay attention...you are a summer bride! PERFECT for LG.  my picture of the fountain is actually a view from one of the hotels. I forgot to mention, they have fireworks every thursday(i think) night in the summer. And have some great cruise boats as well as a great dinner boat!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_small-honeymoon-budget-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:59e1e458-fd46-449c-9ee1-4e21532a75b4Post:18a055e6-d575-425a-ad06-d82d4bdc93db">Re: small honeymoon for a budget bride</a>:
    [QUOTE]all i had to do was pay attention...you are a summer bride! <strong>PERFECT for LG</strong>.  my picture of the fountain is actually a view from one of the hotels. I forgot to mention, they have fireworks every thursday(i think) night in the summer. And have some great cruise boats as well as a great dinner boat!
    Posted by Jennah[/QUOTE]

where is this at? I might look into it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    www.mrandmrsponce.com
  • cruisesonly.com offers DEALS!! :D you got me thinking about that one! i really really want to go on a cruise now, but is everything paid for? like the meals? and even though if the cruise stays in Mexico will the lodging be provided in the boat or do we have to pay for it outside on our own?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    www.mrandmrsponce.com
  • Well I really don't know where is a good place to go. But me and my fiance don't have enough money to go anywhere, so we are staying in stay and just going to a different city and getting a nice hotel for a week.
    Anniversary
  • My FI and I are driving to Kentucky from Michigan for a week, staying in a nice Bed and Breakfast, and touring the Mammoth Caves. Since it's a national park, it's pretty cheap but really interesting and lots to do in the area. It's about a half hour away from Bowling Green too, so there is plenty to do there.
  • JoniGringa said it first: PORTLAND! PORTLAND PORTLAND PORTLAND! Or Oregon in general, I guess. Maybe Newport? Actually, that's a great idea if I ever heard one... I love it so much, it is BEYOND beautiful. They have a freaking RAIN FOREST! Wineries, shopping, beaches, hiking, whatever you want, they have it! Stay at a nice little B&B, check out some local wineries, go for a walk through the forest... I hear Portland has a great live music scene!

...AND I've just decided I'm going to Oregon for my honeymoon. Or... maybe a vacation, that's sooner...
  • Lake George NY. 45 min north of albany.  The fountain is taken from the Fort William Henry Resort.  The cruise boats website is lakegeorgesteamboat.com. Also just visit Lakegeorge.com for anything.  Good luck!

http://www.lakegeorge.com/Events/

http://www.lakegeorge.com/ThingsToLove/default.cfm/ArticleID/7
  • It seems like for your budget a Mexican Riviera cruise departing from Long Beach or San Diego would be a good bet.

Otherwise, pp mentioned Portland, or my hometown Seattle, as options. Both are absolutely gorgeous in the summer, both have amazing sandy beaches, wine country, rain forests, and yet if you go inland you can find plenty to do in the cities.
  • My anniversary coming end of june i want to surprise my husband i am new in seattle no knowldge about the city please help me find cruise or nice place to have dinner or do some thing fun  in seattle  thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards