Hawaii
Options

AW: 2 more months + invitation frustration!

I have been a bit MIA on the message boards, but just wanted to let you all know that I'm 2 months away! Well, as of yesterday at least.

My biggest stressor right now: Guests who already know whether they are going or not that haven't sent back their RSVPs. It is really starting to piss me off. lol. I know I should just let it go and call them and ask, but how hard is it to drop off the response (post)card in the mailbox?! It already has postage and everything! Sheesh. Just gets me all riled up. And get this...my own mother thought she was exempt from sending it in...WTF really?!

Truly frustrating and cannot wait until we get our resposes back. Last day to RSVP is October 21...

Have a great weekend, everyone. I hope I get at least 20 in the mail today...haha yea right.
DW Siggy Challenge
Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: AW: 2 more months + invitation frustration!

• Options
    I had that too and it's very frustrating! I have people who still have not sent in their reply because they verbally told me they're not coming. Common courtesy right?! Try to not let it get to you.
  • Options
    As someone who is always terrible at returning RSVP cards, I giggled a little at your post.  I mean, I totally understand you wanting the RSVP cards back, but if someone has already informed you of their intention to attend, can't you consider that a closed deal without receiving the physical card?  I am more likely to email / text / instant message a close friend than I am to send the card back.  I trust they have a spreadsheet where they're tracking it anyway, so what difference does it make if they have the card or not?

In the case of my parents, they didn't mail the RSVP card back because they wanted to keep the whole invite suite as a momento.  

Not to be unsympathetic or anything.  It's just how I work, and I'm sure I've unintentionally upset the bride many times :)
  • Options
    Ha, I just logged on to the boards while taking a break from.... emailing everyone who hasn't RSVPed yet!  Sorry, gotta agree... it's not too hard to send the cards back in, especially since they don't even need to scrounge up a stamp.  We have a lot of people who haven't committed for various reasons (all legit), so generally I haven't been considering anyone's informal response "official" unless I know that they already booked plane tickets. 
  • Options
    Well now that I've gotten over guests not sending back their response cards, what's even more frustrating is when I reach out to those guests that we haven't heard from, they don't respond. So frustrating especially when we really do have a final head count to submit! My financ's cousin said that if I haven't heard from the rest of his family, it's safe to assume they're not going. Uhm...so why can't they just relay that message directly to US?! Truly bewildering. And what's funny is that I didn't even hear back from him until AFTER our response date deadline and after a couple messages...left a week before and even more prior to our RSVP date. It's a matter of respect, that's it. I just wish people would realize that.
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I feel your pain.  Like, literally.  Same thing going on here.  Sorry to hear that you've been going through it, too.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards