Vermont

Opinions between two venues?

Hi everyone! I think I have narrowed down my venue options for both the ceremony and reception to two venues - The Essex and Sugarbush. I have been on site visits to both, have looked through all the options and the price ranges, and have come to a bit of an impasse. My parents LOVE The Essex, and I like it as well, but my FI...not so much. He was sold with the chairlift option at Sugarbush, which is very cool, just also more expensive (and I'm not sure if it's a justifiable expense - what if it rains or is too windy?). He also seemed to not be a fan of the outdoor space at The Essex, and liked the atmosphere of Sugarbush much more.

So - is it worth it to try to have the unique experience of getting married on the mountain, or to go with an overall nice venue which pleases the parents more? I am pretty much stuck between the two myself - I can see myself getting married at either - just wondering if I am missing a reality check somewhere.

Re: Opinions between two venues?

• Who is paying for the wedding? If it is your parents than they have the final say.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had a friend who chose a venue for the outdoor space and then a tropical storm came that day.....her advice to me was to choose either an indoor space or a space with an indoor space that you love! Otherwise, you will be searching on the internet for ways to control the weather for months in advance. Ultimately, it's up to you. It's your wedding day! 
  • Getting married on top of a mountain can be beautiful, but most of the time it's cold and windy.  Not sure what time of year you're getting married, but even in the summer it is cold if you're not prepared for the weather.  And if you're wearing a vail or don't plan on having your hair up and pinned and plastered like you're performing in your 4th grade dance recital I'd advise against it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards