Catholic Weddings

how was everyone's holiday?

im back at work today.  boo.

i didnt overeat but enjoyed a few treats.  im down about 8 pounds so i didnt want to mess anything up!  getting back to the gym tonight.

we are expecting a blizzard here overnight, 7-12 inches.  boo again.

Re: how was everyone's holiday?

• Hope you don't get snowed in!

H is on a two-week vacation, so we are reeeally enjoying the long break!

I'm a little sad that we did not go home Christmas Eve like we'd planned -- apparently we missed out on a lot of snow and I just love snow.  But at the same time, we'd planned on going home for a few days, then turning right back around and driving back to Texas, so it's probably for the best that we stayed with the ILs.

My husband's family does Christmas REALLY huge, so I've been gorging myself on all kinds of delicious homemade treats (and I have every reason NOT to feel guilty -- yay!) and enjoying lots of time with the extended family.  We only got to see my parents for a couple hours as they were driving back home, but it was still really nice.  

The only downside to spending the extra time with the ILs is that I only packed for a five-day trip, so I'm having to rewear the same clothes (which means doing lots of laundry).  We're staying here one more day and then driving down to Houston tomorrow to see some of our really good friends and watch the Baylor-UCLA bowl game.  After that I think we'll finally head back home.  It's been nice to spend so much time in Texas (Waco, especially), but I'll be happy to be in my own house.
    Anniversary

• Wow, Kristan...I'm so sorry :(  These kinds of things are always awful, but it's especially bad when it makes things a little iffy for an upcoming wedding.  I have a sister with a serious temper, and a similar thing happened just a few weeks before my wedding, so I can relate.  I can't stand being around rageful people, so things like that are always very, very upsetting to me.

My holiday was nice.  We got to spend time with both sides of the family, which is great.  I'm a little annoyed with MIL because I felt like she was needlessly mean toward SIL (BIL's wife) and their kids.  She was yelling our nephew at one point and I was so upset.  I will lose it if she ever talks to my kids like that. 

• Hi everyone!

It was fun, but flew by so fast. Spent Christmas Eve baking and that was fun. Ended up not going to work on Wednesday due to the snow which gave H and I an extra day together. It was so nice. I went back to work today, but still not in the back to work frame of mind yet. Have a feeling I won't be until after the new year.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards