North Carolina

Bridesmaid dresses

I got engaged a little over a month ago and we had to hit the ground running because I am in the process of studying for the NC Bar and once July hits, I won't be able to wedding plan til August. I wanted to try and get a head start, or at least some ideas of how to go about bridesmaid dresses.
Our wedding is June of 2013 and I have 6 bridesmaids. I know that I want their dresses to be a dark purple, however all of my bridesmaids have extremely different body types so I would like them all to be the same color, but have the girls pick the dress that fits their body type. Two problems with this: 1) I have no idea how to go about it and find a collection with the right color purple as well as options for all of their different body types and 2) my bridesmaids are spread throughout the country so not sure how to handle all of that either. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Re: Bridesmaid dresses

• Bella Bridesmaid!! There's one in Cary (Lochmere Pavilion) and in Charlotte and they're amazing!!! And they have them all throughout the country!
  • A lot of dress designers are carried in bridal shops all over the country.  Do some homework online and find a designer you like... specify the color, fabric, and length and tell your girls where in their hometown they can find this designer and let them go shop.

My 5 bridesmaids all wore Bill Levkoff dresses in different styles but because the fabric and color were the same, the look was cohesive.  I would recommend ordering all of the dresses through one salon so that the fabric is cut from the same dye lot.  I ordered mine though NY Bride in South Charlotte and they shipped them to the OOT girls when the dresses came in so they could get them altered.
  • Lauren get off the knot!!!  Haha, miss you girl! Congrats on your engagement.  Only 53 more days for me!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think David's Bridal is easiest for out of town bridesmaids.  Also JCrew.com.
  • Aria!  You can find them at ariadress.com.  You can order as many swatches as you like.  They will mail you 5 at no charge and after that, you can purchase the swatches.  You can choose different dresses in the same fabric and color. You can also choose the type of skirt you'd like on many of their styles.  The best part is that they will mail each girl a dress to try on for $10 and that includes the return packaging to mail it back.  I have bridesmaids in two different locations. The girls were able to try the dresses on in the comfort of their home and didn't have to search for a place that carried that line of dresses.  There is also no sales tax on the dress if they ship outside the state of Californina. I got my girl's dresses in dupioni silk for $160/each.  Definitely check them out! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards