Indiana

inexpensive reception venue near Versailles, IN? (X-post with Cincinnati local board)

My FI are planning to get married at my FFIL's farm in Ripley County, IN (an hour west-southwest from Cincinnati, closer to Cincy than Indy), but we're considering getting a separate venue for the reception.  Does anyone have suggestions for inexpensive reception venues in the county, particularly in or around Versailles?  Because of where it's located, I'm not sure if this would be the right local board for it, so I'm cross-posting with the Cincinnati board.  Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks so much!

Re: inexpensive reception venue near Versailles, IN? (X-post with Cincinnati local board)

• inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I think you should just stick with the same venue!  Weddings at farms can mean lots of work, but they're incredible. 
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and if you do decide to do the reception at a different location, I'd keep it to under 20 minutes of driving time.  Otherwise, I think you'd lose a lot of people.  GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input, inkygirl.  At first, we thought about doing everything at the farm, but it's not a particularly big farm, and when it comes stuff like parking, restroom facilities, kitchen facilities, etc., it will be a lot for the size guest list we will have (about 150 people).  Having a separate reception location may work out better in our case, as people can park at the reception location in a larger town, carpool (or shuttle) to the farm, and then come back to the reception.  We haven't decided for sure yet, but we wanted to see about some inexpensive venues in the nearest town from the farm so we could get an idea of what will work out better for our situation.

With the exception of FFIL and a few of FI's other relatives, most of our guest list will either be coming from Cincinnati, Michigan (more than half), or from other OOT locations.  Even myself and FI live in Cincinnati.  So realistically,  of those who will actually make it to the wedding, I don't think we'll have a huge drop-off for the reception if we had it in a separate location, as they will have traveled a long way to get there to begin with.  Your point is well-taken, though, and if we do have it in a separate location, we aim for it to be close to the ceremony site.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards