California-Northern
Options

Reasonable Photographer Price?

Hi! We're working on finding a photographer, and are clueless as to how much these things cost. We're near San Francisco, and are currently looking at a package for $3,325 that includes 2 photographers for 8 hours, an engagement session, online gallery, 8x10 print, and 12x12 linnen album. Does that price sound reasonable to you? What have you paid for similar packages? Thanks in advance for all the info!!

Re: Reasonable Photographer Price?

• Options
    Compared to what we are paying (about $4100) what you are getting looks to be a fair price.

My biggest advice is 1) Stay as close to your budget as possible -- it's very easy to fall in love with a photog (or any vendor, for that matter) that costs 10X's what you were expecting to pay. Don't get carried away.

2) If you really love their pictures and their price is within your budget, then go for it. There's a chance you coudld find someone cheaper, but there's no guarantee that their work will be superior to the photog you have already found.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We're using Jodie Fisher, with 8hrs coverage, engagement session, and online gallery it's going to be under $2000.00
    http://jodiefisher.com/
    Our wedding is going to be in Redwood Valley (Northern CA) and she wants to do our engagement session in the bay area. She said she travels there quite often. Also she has a 2nd photographer that has like 30yrs experiance. Hope this helps :-)
  • Options
    That doesn't sound unreasonable, but there are more budget friendly photographers out there, for sure.

We used Miki Vargas Photography.  She is an up & comer, (and happens to be a friend of mine).  She has packages as low as $1200 that include an engagement shoot and coverage at the wedding. We had a second shooter, all day coverage getting ready and during the wedding/reception. So, she has packages that can include the second shooter (who was REALLY good) and prints, etc.  I imagine most of those would be closer to $2000.00

For what it's worth, she also did a boudior session with me a month after the wedding, and she did an awesome job.

www.mikivargasphotography.com
  • Options
    to me that is high, but it is the bay area so i'm sure that is a well averaged price.  I'm getting married in the Sacramento area and the two photographers I have narrowed it down are between $1500-$2200 depending on what packages I go with (all of them 8 hrs sessions/ 2 photogrpahers) cost variation is whether I include engagement pictures (which I'm not since my best friend did mine...and if she weren't in my wedding she would be my photographer without a doubt). and what sort of albums I want to include.  I think you will find you have options so you need to decide how much you are willing to spend.  Photographer is something you definitely don't what to cheap yourself out of-- but you can definitely find people who although are "new" in the business that still do AMAZING work and will be cheaper.  

Anniversary
  • Options
    We are using Inkspot Photography in the East Bay area. I think she travels to SF also. Her package is $2100 for 2 photographers for the whole day, a wedding album, DVD, and engament session. 
  • Options
    I'm in San Jose and am paying about the same as you for a similar package. One thing to consider - do you get the digital files of the photos too? Ours our included to use as we wish and that's definitely a BIG plus.
    My Blog: onewaytothebay.wordpress.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-northern_reasonable-photographer-price?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:56Discussion:e29e3896-774d-4c50-9c20-87ef8f8be22ePost:d4e83223-4dea-4397-ae5c-da892f51386e">Re: Reasonable Photographer Price?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm in San Jose and am paying about the same as you for a similar package. One thing to consider - do you get the digital files of the photos too? Ours our included to use as we wish and that's definitely a BIG plus.
    Posted by nic5483[/QUOTE]

<div>We're using XL Photography <a href="http://xuliuphotography.com" rel="nofollow">http://xuliuphotography.com</a> and it's $2500 for 8 hours of coverage, two photographers, engagement session, digital files on disc. There is personal print release so we can do whatever we want with the photos afterwards and that is a HUGE plus. They're pretty new but their stuff is amazing so check them out! </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-northern_reasonable-photographer-price?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:56Discussion:e29e3896-774d-4c50-9c20-87ef8f8be22ePost:43281086-1836-4fd6-b7f2-e6cbdb727dc6">Re: Reasonable Photographer Price?</a>:
    [QUOTE]to me that is high, but it is the bay area so i'm sure that is a well averaged price.  I'm getting married in the Sacramento area and the two photographers I have narrowed it down are between $1500-$2200 depending on what packages I go with (all of them 8 hrs sessions/ 2 photogrpahers) cost variation is whether I include engagement pictures (which I'm not since my best friend did mine...and if she weren't in my wedding she would be my photographer without a doubt). and what sort of albums I want to include.  I think you will find you have options so you need to decide how much you are willing to spend.  Photographer is something you definitely don't what to cheap yourself out of-- but you can definitely find people who although are "new" in the business that still do AMAZING work and will be cheaper.  
    Posted by erinlin25[/QUOTE]

Do you have contacts for these photographers?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards