Wedding Party

2 MOHs and the Ceremony Line Up?

Advice Please!

I decided to have two "of Honors" in my wedding. It was important to me that my sister be my Maid of Honor but I also have a best friend who has really been there for me since we were 14. It worked out because she is married so she is my Matron of Honor.

Before I got engaged they both had made comments that they would be mad at me if they were not chosed as the MOH but since I got engaged they have both been wonderful even when I decided to ask both of them to be my "of Honors". I just love both of them so much and in very different ways! My sister lives a thousand miles away so even sharing duties has worked out with each of them doing what they can from where they are. Either that or they love me enough to keep issues to themselves.

But I don't know what to do about the ceremony. I looked up the etiquette on the knot and they said arranging them by height might cause problems and by relationship too. Not helpful! How did you line up your wedding parties? Does anyone have any creative ideas of how to line up two of honors? I feel like even though I didn't want to have to make a ranking decision between my friend and sister when I choose who stands next me that is what I will be doing. I just can't imagine how I can rate my love for these people! Thanks for your help, advice or ideas!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 2 MOHs and the Ceremony Line Up?

• I am having two MOH as well, and my fiance is having two best men. So it works out nicely. I am having my sister, and he is having his childhood best friend stand closest and sign the license, but the other two are giving the toasts at the reception. I'm lining them up by height...which is also by how long I've known them, too! :) I am having my youngest sister and his youngest sister as Juniors..they're around the same age and will probably have a different style of dress (something age appropriate?) as opposed to my older maids. (We're talking a 6+ year difference in my oldest maid and the junior maids..lol which we all know can be quite ample in terms of dresses!) So no worries, just divy it up between them. They more than likely have something they are hoping to perform over other duties and will not care whatsoever! I would choose to have your sis stand closest, but that's just my personal opinion. :) Good luck!!!

"We should get jersey's, 'cuz we make a good team." Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Sorry I did not specify that... we both have one of our BM/MOH who asked if they could, we DID NOT direct them to. I would never do that, I'm sorry if it came across that way. That's terrible.. :(
    One of our MOH/BM are not the "speaking types" and said they will but they're nervous when giving speeches, while the other two are the exact opposite and asked if it'd be okay. (They didnt want to step on the other one's toes, so to speak.) So we said, that's perfect! What one was uncomfortable doing, the other one wanted to. lol funny how it worked out!
    "We should get jersey's, 'cuz we make a good team." Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • And the height, I totally agree, but luckily, I am the shortest of the whole group :) and it's still only by an inch or two! I am no way being demeaning to them, I don't think. They're all about the same.. I'm talking from 5'6'' to 5'4''!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards