California-San Diego

Wedding favors

Hello All....I keep going back and forth on what to give out as a wedding favor.  Any suggestions? What are you doing?Thanks for the help!

Re: Wedding favors

• edited December 2011
    My Mom's friend is making fudge for me. We are putting two pieces in a little white box.
  • wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I DIDN'T give out favors--I made a contribution to a charitable organization. Many guests appreciated me not giving them a favor they would just throw away.
  • edited December 2011
    we are doing a candy bar for guests to fill up little boxes and take home with them, along with a photo booth!
  • Dana&BrianDana&Brian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Dad is microbrewing a beer for us that we are doing custom labels on. We will probably do a non alcoholic drink too. I was just at a wedding that had their engagement photos in plastic magnet frames at each place setting. They had puffy painted "Love" on the frame so you could reuse it with your own pic.Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I love the idea of fudge!  Mmm.  Doubt that'd be possible for us (in terms of someone to make it), but it sure sounds good. :DI haven't decided yet on favors... or if I'm even going to have them.  If I do have them, I'll probably go for edible or useful down the road.  Some ideas that have been brought up include: flip-flop luggage tags (my FMIL's idea, though I'm quietly against it on behalf of the attending males), more gender-neutral luggage tags, and coasters (packs of 2 coasters usually--I've found some frosted glass ones that I really like).  I don't want anything that will be wedding-only, so nothing engraved with our wedding date/names.I have the feeling I'm going to end up with favors, though.  My FMIL was horrified at the idea of my not having them, and promptly said she'd take care of them if she had to just to make sure I had some... but she loves itty-bitty things like that, so it's the kind of thing she'd enjoy.
  • edited December 2011
    Mine is outside in August so we are probably going to get silk fans that match our color and put them on the ceremony chairs for our guests with our name and date on them. That way hopefully they can stay cool and comfortable while they are outside.
  • edited December 2011
    I was thinking candy buffet but then I started to add up how much I was going to be spending on everything and decided I'm going to have cookies made decorated with our initial on it instead. If your having a larger wedding I would still consider a candy buffet but we're only having 60 people so for the buffet to look pretty and have all the options and the containers look full enough to have the effect I wanted we would have been ordering way more candy then we would actually need for everyone.
  • edited December 2011
    favorfavor.com has some cute ones.  i am doing personalized wine stoppers.  Last year we got wine stoppers with a silver heart on top and we still use them all the time! 
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing the two piece boxes of chocolate from Godiva. Figured they would be the easiest as we just have to tie on some ribbon and put them on the plate! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards