Wedding Invitations & Paper

how soon do i order my invitations???

All of the wedding checklist i have are telling me to go ahead and order my invitations. but i think it's to early. the wedding is 5 months away... Do you think it's to early??

Re: how soon do i order my invitations???

• It's never too early if you have all the info.  I ordered mine actually probably 6 months before the wedding, and it was awesome because I had plenty of time to assemble and address.  As long as the details going on the invites and other cards are locked down, I would say go for it!
  • I ordered mine 5-6 months out. I had to send my envelopes to my calligrapher. It was nice to be able to get them addressed and assembled early.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Will you have anything you need to DIY for them?

I made my pockets, so I ordered the cardstock 9 months out.  I used a designer on etsy to design and print the invites.  I started at 8 months out but didn't have them printed until 5 mo. out.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_soon-order-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:245f9d45-fe9e-4a06-a81c-1cd42eaff379Post:722666b4-9f9a-411b-8331-d1b444e289e0">Re: how soon do i order my invitations???</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's never too early if you have all the info.  I ordered mine actually probably 6 months before the wedding, and it was awesome because I had plenty of time to assemble and address.  As long as the details going on the invites and other cards are locked down, I would say go for it!
    Posted by marissa_claire[/QUOTE]

Agreed ... as long as you have locked in/finalized your guest list, go for it!  It can be a bear (and expensive) to have to go back and order an additional 10 or 15 b/c someone was inadvertently left off the list.  Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards