New Hampshire
Options

planning bios- love them!

Hi there, knotties!
I'm new to this wedding planning thing and I won't be getting married until 2013, so I'm just starting to gather ideas.  I've been going through some of your planning bios and have been having a blast!  You are all so ORGANIZED!  I don't think I'm ever going to be organized enough for a planning site!  I'd love to see more- anyone care to share?

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: planning bios- love them!

• Options
    edited December 2011

A co-worker who just got married gave me the best advice that I will pass on. It's not a planning bio online, but it's still pretty cool. Get a 3 ring binder and plastic clear inserts. Everytime you see a dress, hairstyle or whatever, clip it and put it in the book. Mine started off as a book of crazy ideas, but I organized it into categories and it was so helpful!  I was able to bring it to the bridal store to store things I liked about different pictures and it was easier to keep it all my ideas in one place. I'll also be bringing a picture of a cake I found months ago to our appointment next month!

My idea pages have been replaced once I found my dress or venue with contracts or reciepts. It's great a idea if your looking to get organized.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found that making a file on your computer, then a folder for each element was helpful.  I could use word documents add and collect inspiration photos, info on vendors, etc early on.  Then, once I booked a vendor, I deleted no-longer-needed info and added important facts (dates, prices, phone numbers, etc).  I had a document for dresses, photographer, dj, reception, ceremony, transportation, flowers, cake, etc.  It worked really well for me! Everything was organized and in one spot.

Of course, there were things that weren't on the computer (receipts, swatches, etc), and I had an accordian file for those. Good luck!  It can be a good deal of work, but being organized is worth it.  This is not a situation where you want to lose information!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did both of those things....There is a some what new site that is great for this. It's called Pinterest, a vitural pinboard where you can save pictures, links for article, etc. and access it anywhere.
  • Options
    Luv2Cook27Luv2Cook27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The NH link in Firedancer's siggy,  has the list of NH girls (as well as vendors and other info). 

If you haven't checked out that link, it provieds some past brides and their bios (if they didn't delete them yet)

Happy Planning!
    ~*Emily*~
    Wedding Bio

Anniversary
  • Options
    melb2013melb2013 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the advice!  I have this huge envelope that has everything wedding related in it, but it's completely disorganized.  I'm going to have to get organized now!  Thanks for the inspiration, all!

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I created a seperate email folder for all wedding related emails which made it really easy to go back and find something. I also just got a binder with pocket dividers and seperated everthing in there. It made it really easy to stay organized. Also as you see photos of things you like -- dresses, cakes, flowers etc save them to one folder on your computer. Create a dropbox account  - it is free and you can then access your pictures anywhere!! You can link your laptop, with a desktop computer and your phone> I found it great being able to see and show pics from my phone!! Then as I met with vendors I took pics and I always had them with me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards