Wedding Party

She just won't stop! (LONG)

Thanks for the advice! Deleting because one of my family members saw this and was not happy with me.  :(

Re: She just won't stop! (LONG)

• bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2010
    Butters, I have said this before and I will say this again: You have to stop letting this bother you.  Just like every other time, she wants to get you upset.  She wants to pick a fight so that she can play the victim and get attention.  Stop giving her what she wants.  If you stop getting riled up, she will stop trying to rile you up.

This will continue unless you learn to ignore it.  It isn't easy, but you have to learn to do it.  Otherwise you are in for a very long engagement.  I managed to do it with my sister, and once I started not caring I found life was easier. You will too.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Let her know that the reason you asked if she would like to share her e-mail address is because one of your friends asked about helping with a shower, and you want her to have the option to be included in planning that if she would like to be involved.  If she doesn't wish to be involved, you fully understand and will not share her e-mail address with the other WP members.

Actually, you may just want to let her know that is the reason you asked about her e-mail address and give her the e-mail addresses of the other WP members.  Then she can be given the option of contacting them herself if she would like to be involved.

Do you have any shorter BMs who will need to have their dresses shortened?  She might be able to use that extra length to have wider straps made for her dress if the problem is that she want sto be able to wear a regular bra.  You could also give her the option of wearing a bolero or cardigan.  Or just let them all choose their own tops from the same designer.
  • I think you need to develop a thicker skin with your sister. She's the one who didn't want to share her email address (fine) - so let the comments slide when she's complaining about feeling excluded. I'm not sure how you're "getting into trouble" because I assume you are an adult woman and not 5. You could answer with a simple, "If you'd like to be more included, I'd be happy to give you the phone numbers / email addresses of the other girls or to give them yours. Which would you prefer?" And then let. it. go.  She'll irritate you as much as you allow her to, it sounds like.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • edited June 2010
    Dear Sister,

No, it is not to coordinate shoes. I will take your response as a no. No biggie. Have a good afternoon.

Bride

ETA: Also, some people just like to know they can get a rise out of people. No matter how much she may bother you don't let it show. She'll just keep annoying you for the fun of it.
    Anniversary
  • Dude, you have to stop.

I don't think that you're at fault for making your sister act this way, but the fact of the matter is that you know she's BSC and yet you're still obsessing over her actions instead of putting them in the pile of "reasons my sister is a crazy" and moving on. You know that saying about how you can't control anyone's actions, you can only control your reaction? That applies here.

I get that it's hard and that not only is someone being a total pain but that the someone in question is your sister, and you probably hoped for something else from a sibling. But guess what, you're not going to get anything else from her, and you need to accept that and figure out a way to be ok enough with it to ignore her and stop letting her drive you to this level of frustration.
  • I did ignore her and have decided to not respond to her email.  I just needed to vent somewhere.  And yes, I do need a thicker skin with her!  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards