Favors

For those doing edible favors...

FI and I loved chocolate dipped oreos and would love to do them for our favor. I know how to do it but I was wondering how many days before the wedding I could do them? I have lots of time till our wedding and lots of time to test this but I was just curious if anyone else is doing edible favors and might have a few tips.

What are you ladies doing and how many days before the wedding are you doing them?

Re: For those doing edible favors...

• Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing ours the day before. With oreos, as long as you don't let them sit out to get stale, or have them in heat so the dipping will melt, I'd say a cpl days before would be good!
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, if you do them the week of your wedding and keep them in a cool, dry area then you should be fine.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    My mom made some for our wedding a week before and then 3 days before.  The ones made a week before got really soggy and weren't very good-we didn't take them to the wedding.  The ones she made 3 days before were really good!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • alyssalowealyssalowe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those sound sooo good. I love that its personal to the bride and groom. I agree with 3 days or less before the wedding and put them in ziplock bag with a piece of bread.. The bread will obsorb any moisture. Ive never made them but Im figuring its the same as cookies. Maybe try them out now to get it down, you and your fiance wouldnt mind them earlier then the wedding Im sure..
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips ladies! I figured around Christmas time I will do a trail run and just single bag a few in the fridge and mark them 1 week out, 4 days, 3 days, etc and make sure they still taste ok after being made that far out. We can do a taste test after they have been made for that many days. FI has already agreed to help with this little science experiment. lol!
  • edited December 2011
    doing oreo truffles and plan to makeone or two days before the wedding--they are soooooo easy and fast!   2 per guest in little boxes!
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing caramels, and they're being made the week before the wedding, packaged into my favor boxes a couple days before the big day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards