Virginia
Options

Hampton Roads- Outdoor venue

Hello,

I think we've decided to have an outdoor reception.  Has anyone in Hampton Roads had one?  Any good suggestions for locations?  We're seriously considering the Hermitage.  If anyone has been to or had their wedding there I'd love to hear about it (good and bad!).  Thanks :) 

Re: Hampton Roads- Outdoor venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about the Hermitage, but we are having our ceremony at the Botanical Gardens in Norfolk, and our reception aboard the Spirit of Norfolk. The Spirit also does weddings on their third deck that's outside, it's really beautiful! And their price includes the food, tables, chairs, basic white linens, DJ, and a cash bar!
    September 2011 December Siggy: First Kiss
    imagePregnancy Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Blog!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Everything I've heard about the Hermitage is great.  It's a GORGEOUS setting.  A little steep on price though- you have to rent everything (tent, etc) and our wedding was going to be in September when it can be pretty hot so I didn't want to have it there.  We're doing an outdoor ceremony (short) at the botanical gardens and an indoor reception in Va Beach.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Hermitage.  The other thing we didn't like was that you had to be "quiet" by like 10:15 pm or something.  Check out the pricing for it.  The logistics can be a little hard since the caterer you get has to set up their own stuff too.  No one's allowed inside the actual Hermitage building.
  • Options
    milissae77milissae77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have any idea the cost?  I looked on their website and haven't found any prices.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The price depends on how many people you are having.  Also, everything else is separate (tent, china, catering, linens, lighting, etc.)
  • Options
    lily1346lily1346 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's the price chart I received from the Hermitage, but there are also other fees that you can find out about by emailing them.  They're really friendly!:

Rental Fee
    The Rental Fee includes: Guest access to designated facilities and gardens from 6:00pm – 11:00pm One (1) each gift table and cake table indoors Access to two (2) fully-stocked restrooms, parking, and utilities for event One, one-hour photo session prior to event date Rehearsal facilities prior to event date, as scheduled by The Hermitage
    1 – 50 people in attendance $2500.00
    51 – 100 people in attendance $2750.00
    101 – 150 people in attendance $3000.00
    150-200 people in attendance $3250.00
    201-250 people in attendance $3750.00**
     251-300 people in attendance $4250.00**
     301-350 people in attendance $4850.00**
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards