Louisiana-New Orleans

Our Lady of Guadalupe Parking

I am looking at having my wedding at Our Lady of Guadalupe/St. Jude's and was wondering how the parking would be for my guest. I am between having my wedding at St. Catherine's in Metairie or at St. Jude's in New Orleans. Does anyone have suggestions on which church was easier to work with and how many times you have to meet with the priest? Thanks!

Re: Our Lady of Guadalupe Parking

• alestelle504alestelle504 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are getting married at Our Lady of Guadalupe in 2012.  Father Tony is the priest there and he is super nice and easy to work with.  He recomends that each couple go to the Engaged Encounter which is a weekend retreat where couples get to know each other more.  If you cannot make one of the engaged encounters, then he just meets with the couple once for a half a day or so before the wedding. Also, you meet with him once in the beginning to arrange your date and what you want, etc.  I really like working with him.  As far as parking, the church can actually provide validated parking tickets to the garage parking that is across the street and approx 1 block down.  Father Tony told us that we just needed to tell him how many validated tickets we needed and people usually distributed them in the wedding invitations and could park for $2 for the night. The parking garage is the garage with the neon "PARK" sign real big in front.  Hope this helps.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!
  • Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Our Lady of Guadalupe too, we went to a meeting Father Tony had on Saturday morning, it was from 9-12 and there were 5 or so other couples. VERY laid back. We didn't do engaged encounter. He said that we also have to do natural family planning, he gave us the info on that, but we haven't done it yet.

I think we met with him one other time and filled out a paper about ourselves and will meet with him again right before the wedding.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards