Illinois-Chicago

Videographer Pricing!

Hi Ladies,

I know there have been a lot of posts about videography, but I am curious how much you guys spent on their services. A lot of the vendors I'm looking into are starting at $3,000 and up, which is a lot more than I budgeted for. Does any one know of a videographer around $1500?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Videographer Pricing!

• edited December 2011
    Honestly, I can't remember what we paid, BUT, we booked Orange back in April 2008...so I'm certain prices have gone up. I'm soo grateful we wound up getting a video b/c I wasn't sure we needed it at first and the day flies by SOO fast, that you'll want the video to remember everything. I cannot WAIT to get our video!!!

I'd guess that most GOOD videographers are in the $2k range right now. That's not to say that you can't find one cheaper than that, I just don't know of one.
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • edited December 2011
    We used videogallery productions and they are less than $2k.  www.videogalleryproductions.com or www.videogalleryhd.com if you are looking for HD video.  I was very pleased with my video. 
  • edited December 2011
    Jeff from Shoot the Bride is less than $2000. I think his highest package was about $1500 and that's with 3 cameras and 2 camera people.
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • edited December 2011
    We paid $1,499 for our video package, which included 3 HD cameras at the ceremony and one at the reception. We are getting full ceremony and reception. They also gave us a music video highlight of our wedding day. We are using Midwest Video Productions of Illinois. Dan is the owner and has been great so far to work with us. His website is http://www.midwestvideoproductions.com/
  • avancinaavancina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

These sound great! Thank you all for the recommendations : )

• Jami86eJami86e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    david kasdan videography is significantly under $1500 www.davidkasdan.com
    Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Make sure when looking a video people, you see actual footage of the event. We looked at several videographers in the $1,000 range and we're not happy with what we saw. I'm on a budget, but one thing a paid a little extra for was a good videographer.
  • edited December 2011
    I really wanted a video, but as the wedding planning progressed, my dollars diminished.

I wouldn't have been able to afford video had it not been for Jeff from Shoot the Bride. He was running a great package at the time (just starting his business) and we got him for significantly less than 1500.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards