Catholic Weddings

***lburkey21***

I just went through my Rite of Election this weekend too!!
Are you excited there's only 36 more days until Easter Vigil??
Are you a catachumen or a candidate? (non-baptised or baptised)
I'm a candidate since my parents baptised me United.  I have to say I'm sad a little about that since the catachumens will get to experience their baptisms and remember them.

The Rites were so cool. I was worried about it being super long but I didn't notice and couldn't believe how many people there are joining the Catholic faith.

Re: ***lburkey21***

• lburkey21lburkey21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't believe how fast Easter is coming up!! It's crazy to think that there are only 4-5 more classes left! I'm a catechumen, so I'm doing the whole shebang at the Easter Vigil. It's funny you say that you're slightly jealous of the catechumens because we'll be able to remember thoe whole process...my fiance actually said the same thing this weekend!

I thought the Rites were an awesome experience too. It is amazing how many people were there. I think total between the 2 services, there were 600 people participating in the Rite for my diocese.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• edited December 2011

We had two services in mine as well. I was on the Saturday night. We had about 250 during my service, so probably 600 total.
    How long have you been in RCIA? I've been at it since Septebmer 2008. I'm so ready to be done. I've got 6 more weeks of class after Easter and then I'm done!
    I want my Wednesdays back lol

edited December 2011
    Oh wow! You've been in it for a long time! I've only been in RCIA since November 2009 (it was supposed to start October but the priest running it was a little behind!). You have classes after Easter as well? We're all finished with everything at Easter Vigil.

I wish that our church had bible study classes or something because I really feel like I'd like to keep learning after our class. The classes don't necessarily give you specifics...it's more of the broader, general knowledge. And coming from a completely different religion, I my Bible knowledge is pretty much non-existent!

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• edited December 2011
    The 6 weeks after Easter are basically to explain all the different ministries in the church and try to get us to sign up.
    I get what you mean about it being very general knowledge.  There are probably bible studies that you can join once you're done. Most churches have them. I'd like to do something like that at some point. I know my sister did one with her church that was on the women of the bible. A different approach that means a little more as a woman.
    edited December 2011

We actually were told at our last class that they're looking into starting some adult education classes - probably in the fall. So that's definitely going to be something I'll be signing up for. You'll have to let me know how these next few weeks go for you...and of course tell me all about your Easter Vigil!

• edited December 2011
    Oh absolutely! I'm so excited to find someone else who's in it and open to talk about the whole process.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards