Kentucky
Options

Inexpensive rehearsal dinner

My fiance and I are paying for our wedding ourselves. It is so difficult not to sacrifice your dreams, but also be reasonable monitarily. My recent decision is where to host the rehearsal dinner. My mom and dad have offered their house. Can I tastefully pull this off? Or does anyone have another idea that is cost efficient? I am in the louisville area.

Re: Inexpensive rehearsal dinner

• Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A RD can be as complicated or simple as you want it to be.  Keep in mind also that casual and tasteful CAN go together without issue.

What about BBQ?  Frankfort Ave Beer Depot does bbq, and they catered a couple of work picnics I went to this past summer - really tasty, and I know our budget was tiny.  Fire Fresh has really good bbq too.

Is your parents' house big enough to hold everybody?  Parking?  Restrooms?

Many restaurants have private rooms - some rent free, some rent cheaply.  If you can do it on a Thursday night, that's often less than Friday night. 

What's your budget for this & how many people?  That will help a lot.

DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We too are paying for our wedding ourselves and we just decided to have the RD at our house and do a BBQ. We love to host BBQs anyway and all of the wedding party decided instead of us providing all the food (we had planned on doing that) they will bring a dish so it's a potluck.

It all depends on what you want to do as squirrly says. Take advantage of the freebies coming your way. There is no shame in doing so.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards