Florida-North Florida

Are you hiring a planner or coordinator??

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this.... our DJ encouraged me to seriously consider it, what are you all doing or have done??

Re: Are you hiring a planner or coordinator??

• CherylK00CherylK00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard that many good stories  about having a wedding coordinator/planner.  My dj is pretty much announcing everything
  • duncanpowersduncanpowers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't, but if you have the budget, it can really help to have a coordinator. Supposedly they should save you enough money organizing things to make up for their fee, but I don't know if that's true in action :)
  • prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a day of coordinator but she's not doing much. I guess to get the full effect of one then you have to get the full wedding planning. Pretty much with the day of we are planning everything and then few weeks before the wedding we meet with her to get her up to speed on what's in the works and how we want things and then she executes our plans the day of. So far she's just sent me a list of vendors that she works with as a recommendation and a timeline for us.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a coordinator and it saved me a lot of hassle.  One of the best decisions I made.  The handled every thing on the wedding day and kept me from having to worry about it.

I did not see the need for a wedding planner though.  I was able to do that all perfectly fine by myself.
  • edited December 2011
    Nope me and Mom but i would want a day of. I need to talk to my mom about that
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would have but our venue came with a DOC.  If we had a different venue I would have definitely hired a coordinator. 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • xlox89xxlox89x member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with one but decided not to hire her full time. I think i'm just going to hire for for day of stuff
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jessnjacobjessnjacob member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hd one and she was a lifesaver. She doesn't do it too often, shes just  getting started, but it made things move so much smoother.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I had full planning services and it was definitly worth it IMO. She more then paid for herself by getting my discounts from her prefered vendors, plus picking up flowers linens so I could avoid a delivery fee. Plus she handled all of my vendor contacts which saved me a ton of hassle.
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't need a wedding planner because I was able to handle all the planning details myself with DH's help (we only had about 50 guests so I didn't think it was that complicated... not to say it wasn't stressful at times lol).  On the actual day of the wedding though, it would have been nice to have a coordinator to lend a hand.  We didn't hire one because it wasn't in our budget but fortunately our wonderful family and friends stepped up to the plate.  They did all the decorating the morning of so I didn't have to worry about it, but I wouldn't recommend relying on that lol. 
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • doc1026doc1026 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having a day of coordintor. I want someone else to deal with vendors and keep us on schedule and let me not stress!
  • shelleycastleshelleycastle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As a photographer I really appreciate a client who hires a planner. Many bride's don't realize that a planner is part of the budget. You tell her what your budget is & her fee is part of that overall budget. I have waited on brides and grooms for hrs. while they ran around unorganized or dealing with issues that a planner could handle. Nothing is worse than missing important pictures because your time line didn't work.

Best of luck to all bride's!
    Michelle Castle

• edited December 2011
    I hired a Day-of coordinator and I think it will work out great. She keeps in touch every month or so to see what kind of progress I've made and to see if there is anything I needed. It will be nice to have someone there the day of the wedding so I won't have to burden my MOH and mother with all of the responsibilities and stress. I don't want them to miss out on my wedding because they are too busy trying to make everything go smoothly. I would say spend the $200-300 for a Day-of and have everyone enjoy themselves! Including you!
    Omigosh! October 9th is coming at me quick!
  • meganc182meganc182 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried to do it all myself...but as the day started getting a lot closer, I realized I needed some help. It's not worth being stressed out on your wedding day. I would highly recommend getting a day of co-ordinator!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • edited December 2011
    my mom would die if I did this...she has taken full control.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards