Snarky Brides

Tuesday

Good Morning Everyone!

My car is fixed! I am so excited!
Today I get to go over decorations and taste the cakes!
its going to be a good news day.

everyone is dragging with it being our last week here, we all just sat and talked for the first hour of the day. its making this week take forever...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: Tuesday

• Happy Tuesday! Is it Friday yet? I've been exhausted these past two days despite taking it easy this weekend and getting a good amount of sleep. I can't wait for the weekend to have a couple nice dinners with our families.

Apple, hurray for your car being fixed! I'm jealous you get to taste cake today. That was one of our favorite appointments. It was so delicious. Have fun!
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I, too, am jealous of cake tasting...

Not much to report here, other than it's THE LONGEST WEEK EVER!!!! We still take Easter vacation up here, and it starts on Thursday afternoon. It can't come soon enough.

We're almost out of snow for snowmobiling. FI is very disappointed; he was riding until the middle of May last year. We'll get some riding done next week, but that might be it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lol! Almost but not quite.
    I drive a mini cooper

I am so jealous!! you make me want to get another tattoo really bad!

this is indeed the longest week ever in all of existance.

I am super excited for today, I don't want to do anything except be on the knot and tumblr.. or read but I can't get away with that even if we only have 3 days left.
  • Tarra, have fun getting your tattoo!

My coffee doesn't seem to be working today. I think I need a caffeine drip. It doesn't help that it's been incredibly slow this morning and I haven't had one ounce of work to do yet.

Apple, do you have anything in mind of what flavors you want for your cake or how you want it decorated? Does your bakery offer lots of flavor options?

Ours was a chocolate mousse cake. We get a free 8 inch cake from our bakery on our 1 year anniversary that they decorated like our wedding cake. I was very excited for it until I realized that since going GF I will no longer be able to eat it. Maybe they can make it all chocolate mousse and no cake.
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I haven't put much thought into it. I was thinking red velvet but I am up for anything except carrot cake.

That sounds delicous, I bet they could if you ask!
  • Cake tasting..yum!! We couldn't make a decision so we got a different cake/filling combo for each of the 3 tiers and then for our anniversary tier also. Pretty much sums up our indecisiveness!

Tarra--Please post a pic of your tat! Y?ou are giving me tat envy and I can't wait to get another one :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sierra524Sierra524 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Tara..yay on the tattoo! Post pics when done?
    Apple...have fun!! Let us know how it all goes!

I am so happy Monday is over. FI & I spent 8 hours in the ER last night. It was awful. FI has been having some issues with his gallbladder. I feel so bad, because this time last year, I was going through the same thing. I got mine out on April 4th last year, and its looking like his will be around the same time. Anyway, he has already seen his family dr about this and she has ordered tests and bloodwork. He has no stones, which is good. But now they are going to do a HIDA scan & test the function of the gallbladder. They inject you with radioactive stuff and it makes your gallbladder contract and try to work fully. In sense, they give you a gallbladder attack to see how it plays out. They did the same to me. It was the most awful thing in the world. I cried the entire time. So wait, back to the ER. They did all these tests on him & gave him all these pain pills and in the end, said nothing was wrong. They had no answer for him. The only way they would have been able to give him the HIDA scan is if they were to admit him, and he couldve got the scan this morning. But, they didnt want to admit him. Just sent him home with a bunch of pain pills. Thank goodness he already had the scan scheduled prior to going to the ER. Its in a couple days. So he just has to tough it out until then. I feel so bad because I know exactly what he is going through and and how awful it is. Its pretty crazy that this was happening to me at the exact same time only a year ago. It has kinda helped tho, because I can tell him what to expect and stuff. I know what hes going through & I can empathize with him. Unlike all those DRs who kept saying nothing was wrong.

You know what I really hate about going to the ER? The other people that come in and are in the waiting room with you. Some people in this world are just so rude, its unbelievable. There was one girl who brought in all 10 of her friends with her. They were ridiculous. The whole time they were talking so loud & swearing & everything. There were little kids around!! Little sick kids. It made me so sad. There was another girl, who had her two children with her, a toddler and a baby. the baby just kept walking everywhere around the ER. Into the registration rooms, trying to go back into the other rooms. && instead of this girl getting up to get him, she just yells his name the entire time, trying to get him to come back to her. Why would you let your kid run around, and then not get up to get him? & another girl was on her cell phone arguing with her boyfriend the entire time. Some people really just make me so sick. I cannot believe that people act like that in public.

Sorry, end vent. & sorry for the rambling...Ive been holding that in all day.

Anyway, I hope everybody has an awesome day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sierra, I'm sorry you and your FI had an awful night. Best wishes for him to feel better soon and to figure out what is going on so that he can get better.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards