Wedding Etiquette Forum

NER: Schiity things only come in 3s, right? (Vent)

So, today started out decent enough... and then I came home from work. 

First my dad informed me that the reason my car is running terribly is because I need 2 new snow tires (after being told by my mechanic that I'd get at least one more season out of them) and a bearing has been knocked out of place somehow. Awesome. That's $500 that I don't have right now.

Next, I find out that my mom and sister have gone out to dinner without me even though when they asked if I wanted to go I said yes. I was really upset because they decided that I wouldn't like the restaurant they were going to so didn't bother to tell me. WTF? Pretty sure I'm an adult who knows what I will and will not eat.

Then I find out a friend of mine has been talking about me behind my back. Lovely. She's been distancing herself from our group for a while and we aren't as close as we used to be but this came out of left field. I honestly can't think of what I might have done to upset her. That being said, I don't care to figure out what it could be so I guess that tells me how I really feel about the friendship.

Anyways, if you read this far, thanks! I really just needed to get it off my chest.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 

Re: NER: Schiity things only come in 3s, right? (Vent)

• Hope you feel better tomorrow!
  • Sorry you are having a crappy day. :\

I haven't had a great day either, but it was just generally feeling beat. 

Well, and the fact that my mom's been trying to get in touch with our caterer for the shower, and she (for three weeks) has not answered a single phone call, email, etc. And today, my mom got an email that they decided not to cater our event because they might be doing renovations. They couldn't have told my mom that when she booked the place?

I know I shouldn't be involved in planning my own shower, and I'm not other than hearing my mom tell me this and be upset about it, but I'm bummed now because it was at a perfect location (right in the middle of where all the guests would live). Now, the only option is where my mom lives, and that is a 50-minute drive for more than half of the guests (and honestly, the most important ones to me), so I feel as though we should leave them off the list since they probably won't come and if not, I don't want them to feel like it's a gift-grab. So I feel like maybe I should pass on the shower, but my mom said "NO, you can't say no now, what if the bridesmaids have already started working on things?" And maybe they have, I don't know. I just wanted the shower to be in between or HERE. 

So. Not really a big deal. I just feel crappy about it and I'm not excited about the shower anymore. :\

That was really whiney. 
  • Thanks misssunshine!

Domino: I totally get being bummed out about things not going as you hoped/planned. Especially when you were so excited in the first place! I hope everything gets worked out :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ner-schiity-things-only-come-in-3s-right-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5212ab77-5368-4430-9ae9-272dc34061b7Post:d1bc6ab9-ac34-49c6-905f-40fda6cdbde1">Re: NER: Schiity things only come in 3s, right? (Vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks misssunshine! Domino: I totally get being bummed out about things not going as you hoped/planned. Especially when you were so excited in the first place! I hope everything gets worked out :)
    Posted by kristbot[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Me too, dude. Thanks for the good thoughts. I hope your situations resolve quickly and painlessly as well.

</div>
  • Sorry for your bad day Kris.

Domino - I don't think 50 minutes is that far to drive for a shower, and wouldn't feel like it was a gift grab if I got an invitation to a shower 50 minutes away.  (caveat: I say this from the perspective that it can take close to an hour to get across Cleveland and/or Denver and I have friends that live/lived on the other side of both cities so it wasn't a big deal to go that far for showers for them).
  • Ugh I hate car issues, hope you can get by and weather cooperates til you get new tires.

I'm out of wine, which is about the schiittiest thing I've got right now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ner-schiity-things-only-come-in-3s-right-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5212ab77-5368-4430-9ae9-272dc34061b7Post:17fafa9a-abc2-47cb-8561-6c0d465b7ab0">Re: NER: Schiity things only come in 3s, right? (Vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry for your bad day Kris. Domino - I don't think 50 minutes is that far to drive for a shower, and wouldn't feel like it was a gift grab if I got an invitation to a shower 50 minutes away.  (caveat: I say this from the perspective that it can take close to an hour to get across Cleveland and/or Denver and I have friends that live/lived on the other side of both cities so it wasn't a big deal to go that far for showers for them).
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That does make me feel a bit better. I was just feeling crappy because the previous location was going to work out so well.</div><div>
    </div><div>Lookit your fruit loop! I assume he's why you aren't around as much these days. :)

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ner-schiity-things-only-come-in-3s-right-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5212ab77-5368-4430-9ae9-272dc34061b7Post:c2a32fdf-1d22-4796-924b-7e376d4107a8">Re: NER: Schiity things only come in 3s, right? (Vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NER: Schiity things only come in 3s, right? (Vent) : That does make me feel a bit better. I was just feeling crappy because the previous location was going to work out so well. Lookit your fruit loop! I assume he's why you aren't around as much these days. :)
    Posted by Domino04[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah.  He is keeping me busy.  It's hard to find time to play on the internets when life is getting squeezed into 3 hours segments between feedings :).  Worth every minute though, and starting to get into a bit of a routine and back to more of life as "normal".</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ner-schiity-things-only-come-in-3s-right-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5212ab77-5368-4430-9ae9-272dc34061b7Post:e6c41791-1d97-4ce4-8bcf-8b20675ca9c0">Re: NER: Schiity things only come in 3s, right? (Vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NER: Schiity things only come in 3s, right? (Vent) : Yeah.  He is keeping me busy.  It's hard to find time to play on the internets when life is getting squeezed into 3 hours segments between feedings :).  Worth every minute though, and starting to get into a bit of a routine and back to more of life as "normal".
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I believe that it's worth it! I am really scared about having kids because it seems SO exhausting, but then I tell myself I'm sure it will be worth it when the time comes. I'm REALLY Type A about schedules and stuff. So, I worry. :)

</div>
  • I hope tomorrow is better for you!
  • In Response to Re:NER: Schiity things only come in 3s, right? Vent:[QUOTE]Ugh I hate car issues, hope you can get by and weather cooperates til you get new tires.I'm out of wine, which is about the schiittiest thing I've got right now. Posted by ZeroOrchestra[/QUOTE]

Tires are getting put on tomorrow, so here's hoping the rain doesn't turn to ice tonight! Also, thank god I'm not out of wine in addition to the rest of it; I'm working my way through a case of Tasmanian white right now :p
  • Thanks Loopy and Simply! I'm sure things will be looking up tomorrow :
  • In Response to Re:NER: Schiity things only come in 3s, right? Vent:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:NER: Schiity things only come in 3s, right? Vent:Ugh I hate car issues, hope you can get by and weather cooperates til you get new tires.I'm out of wine, which is about the schiittiest thing I've got right now. Posted by ZeroOrchestra

Tires are getting put on tomorrow, so here's hoping the rain doesn't turn to ice tonight! Also, thank god I'm not out of wine in addition to the rest of it; I'm working my way through a case of Tasmanian white right now :p Posted by kristbot[/QUOTE]

Cheers! We just finished a case of Cote du Rhone and need to order another. Wine woes are still woes, I say.
  • I'm with you on bad things coming in 3's... This month for me = miscarriage, death of a friend, and another friend's diagnosis with stage 3 cancer. Can I just opt out of the rest of the year if it's going to continue this way?
    Sorry you had such a crappy day. Hope today is better for you!
    Praying for a miracle!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards