December 2012 Weddings

color help so clueless

Ok I am definitely stressed out right now! My fiance and I were going to do a summer wedding but now we decide december wedding which is in 7 months. So, I feel very rushed at this point! I had decided on a peach and ivory color for our summer wedding but now since we are doing a december wedding I am clueless on what to do for winter colors! I am not a dark color type person I have always liked bright neutral colors! Any ideas would be helpful at this point!

Re: color help so clueless

• You could do something with white, ivory, silver, gold champagne etc. Think more along the lines of a white winter wonderland type feel rather than holidays. I have also seen a lot of really beautiful ideas using an ice blue or light blue along with silver and white. There are a lot of options without having to go with the darker jewel tones. You will just want to make sure whether your venues do their own types of decorations during that time of year. For example if your church is going to have a lot of greenery everywhere the blue/silver may clash with their decorations. However, if you stick with a neutral pallet (white/cream/ivory/silver/gold/champagne etc.) that should go with most decorations the venues may put up.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!
  • I'm doing Gray / White / Yellow... I do not want my wedding to appear to be "Christmas" themed so I just did what I wanted. Honestly it is your wedding. Use your colors :) It's completely up to you. 

All of my girls are wearing black dresses or their choice and yellow shoes. 
  • I am having the same problem with picking flower colors!  I am getting married December 1st so I want to go for a frosty(not the snowman =))/winter wonderland color scheme as well but I would like the girls to have SOME color (abussen- like you I am aldo letting all of my girls wear a black dress of their choice)!
  • I couldn't agree more! It is YOUR day so do the colors that make you HAPPY!  What about coral, navy, and gold?  They look great together are are a good blend of the bright (which I know you are want) and contrast.

I am getting married December 29 on the beach in FL.  We are doing purple (blending like plum and lighter purple), lime green, and white.  I LOVED the idea of purple and a bright happy color.  Good luck!  Whatever you choose will be PERFECT!  =)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_color-help-so-clueless?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:d2282a80-86d5-42c9-b35c-4ea168242663Post:774533e4-327e-4207-b57e-c969dd241dfd">Re: color help so clueless</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing Gray / White / Yellow... I do not want my wedding to appear to be "Christmas" themed so I just did what I wanted. Honestly it is your wedding. Use your colors :) It's completely up to you.  All of my girls are wearing black dresses or their choice and yellow shoes. 
    Posted by abussen[/QUOTE]
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I say stick with your orginial colors! The season doesn't have to dictate your colors.

For example, I'm getting married December 22nd. My colors are aqua and red!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I am getting married 12-1-12 & our colors are pale pink, gray/silver & white! 
  • I am getting married december 1st. Colors are different shades off white, ivory, cream, gold and pops of cranberry. Some flowers will be monochromatic ivory and some monochromatic cranberry. Bridesmaids are wearing cranberry charmeuse dresses.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow lots of December 1st weddings.....mine is also on the first, we are doing a snowflake/winter wonderland theme....my colors are marine blue, white, and silver. Everyone on here is right it doesnt matter the season for the color. But if you really want to switch it and want it to fit the season try ivory, silver, and gold....all neutral and great colors for the holiday season.
  • We're getting married December 12th, and simply decided to use our favorite colors. Various shades of blue and brown (my favorites) with a splash of red (his favorite).  

Go with the colors you like. Your guests will be delightfully surprised if they're expecting the classic red and white Christmas colors. Plus, you'll have the wedding you want, not the wedding you feel the time of year dictates.

Remember, its YOUR day. Do everything the way you want because you don't get a do-over.
  • I had to switch my wedding from this August to December and just kept my colors. Your colors don't have to go along with the season. I think it's a rather dark time of year since it gets dark so quickly the bright colors would be a nice contrast.
  • I'm doing green, purple and silver. I am getting married on December 8th. So see I'm not doing Christmas colors or wedding either. You do whatever colors you like and make you happy. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married on 12.29.12. We decided on purple (more like eggplant shades), silver, and accents of black... I am excited!   I say do what colors you WANT; don't worry about the season!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards