Favors

Favor sayings...

I am giving away heart ornament favors for my wedding (there will be candy on the table as well). I would like to come up with a Thank you saying that has the word heart in it, but I cant think of anything clever. The only example I can think of is "Thank you from the bottom of our hearts" but I dont really like it. Can anyone help?

Re: Favor sayings...

• I would consider rethinking this idea.    What are people going to do with a heart ornament that is engraved or has some sort of sticker or label on it after?  

It will probably collect dust for a year and then get thrown in the trash. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_favor-sayings-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:61c9c735-7061-4b31-9305-21dcd50ce831Post:8a5309fb-7047-45f9-b9eb-1362ae8a724f">Re: Favor sayings...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would consider rethinking this idea.    What are people going to do with a heart ornament that is engraved or has some sort of sticker or label on it after?   It will probably collect dust for a year and then get thrown in the trash. 
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

I appreciate your feedback but am set on doing these favors. I did a wedding set up once and they had ornaments at every place setting and I think it really added to the decoration of the table. The ornaments will have a hanging tag with the "thank you". I found inexpensive ornaments and if they get left behind, I will just use them on my Christmas tree at home!!!! Like I said, I will also have candy at the tables!
  • Ok. well, as long as you have a use for them... and you won't get your feelings hurt when you go to someone's house to visit at christmas and no one (or very few people) has saved the favors.

Also, favors aren't supposed to add decoration... they are supposed to be a gift/favor for your guests.  If they happen to be fabulous for your guests AND add decor, great... but, decor shouldn't be the primary concern.

If you are very stuck on this favor, I wouldn't add engraving or a saying to the actual ornament.  Just a hang tag that says "thank you" is enough.
  • This is one of those items that I consider a knick knack and would get thrown away when I got home.  I honestly wouldn't waste any amount of money on it.

• My mom got a vase 19 years ago at a wedding for my distant relatives in Canada and she still displays it in her formal living room.  It was a very nice vase, so if your ornaments are super cute, I think many people will keep them  - especially the people close to you.  If I was close to the Bride or Groom, I would absolutely keep the ornament whether cute or tacky.  

As far as a saying - I'm pretty much rubbish when it comes to poems but try this:

Today we give our hearts away as thanks for joining us on our special day.  
  • I like your idea! We are having ornaments as one of our favors too - my whole family is big on memorable Christmas ornaments, so I think it is a special way to commemorate your wedding day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards