South Asian Weddings
Options

Getting sari blouses made in NY or NJ

So I finalized and bought bridesmaid saris from Exclusively.In last week. I'm so happy because I already received them in the mail yesterday! I love the saris and am so impressed at how quickly they were shipped to me! The saris came with unstitched blouses so now I need to start getting the blouses made for my 4 bridesmaids. How long does it usually take to make sari blouses and how much does it typically cost? Also, does anyone have any recommendations on good tailors in the NY/NJ area? Thanks in advance!

Re: Getting sari blouses made in NY or NJ

• Options
    I don't know about in NY/NJ, but in Minneapolis, a few days to a week for the blouse and they were $45/blouse.  I hope yours are less! 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I went to one of Exclusively.IN's showroom sales in NYC a while ago. They recommend New Jackson Tailors in Jackson Heights for stitching. (Haven't used them yet.)

37-50 74th Street
    Jackson Heights, NY
    718-457-4476
    11am to 7:30PM
  • Options
    I'm getting mine made in Bellerose, NY...it will cost $30 per blouse.  They will measure you.  The place used to be called Mehak Fashions (name has changed, but same owners).  The addy is:  260-19 Hillside Ave.; Bellerose, NY I've had other friends who've gone there and had good experiences!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards