Wedding Invitations & Paper

Sending out Invites

Okay - so I know that etiquette says invitations should be sent out no more than 8 weeks prior to the wedding. And, I'm in total agreement with it.

But. I have a couple of guests that live in Europe, and I know it takes roughly 2 weeks to mail a letter from the US to Europe. So, if I were to mail the invites at 8 weeks, they would get it at 6 weeks, and then I wouldn't get the RSVP back until 4 weeks out. And that's only if they RSVP immediately and drop it back in the mail. Which means I'm really anticipating them waiting a week or so before remembering to send it back, which means it would be 2-3 weeks prior to the wedding.

So, the guests that live overseas are members of my family. Would it be tacky to add a little note inside their invite (and only their invite, on another sheet of paper) that says they can respond via email if they prefer? Honestly I haven't talked to our venue/caterer yet to know when they need the final head count. I know I need to do that (and plan on it) but I wanted to get your opinons. TIA, ladies.

Re: Sending out Invites

• I think it would be fine for you (or FI, depending on who's side it is) to reach out to them personally. Certainly still send a formal invitation, but I would suggest a phone call versus a note in the invitation.
  • In all honesty, I would probably send their's a little but early so they would get it 7 to 8 weeks out.
  • I think in this situation theirs can go out two weeks early. I wouldn't include a note but be prepared to follow up closer to the RSVP date if needed.
  • I also have families oversea. I just did a verbal invite right after I set the date, and I got verbal RSVPs. I did send them invitations when I sent out the invitations though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards