Washington

Insurance Appraisal

Hello! I am looking for advice on where to go to get an insurance appraisal for my engagement ring. Has anyone had either a particularly good or bad experience any where? I've read some horror stories! Unfortunately the jeweler that we're getting our bridal jewelry from does not offer this service, so I need some experienced Knotties help!

Re: Insurance Appraisal

• I haven't had a piece of jewelry appraised but once, you do, if you have some sort of homeowner's or renter's insurance, you can have them add Umbrella insurance to your policy (which is pretty cheap). Sorry if this isn't much help with the appraisal part, I just know what to do with the insurance part. GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Doing it that way only covers theft, I want insurance for loss of jewel or jewelry. I'm taking it to Warren Jewelers in Kirkland now that I've spoken to an insurance agent friend of mine!
  • John Vivian does jewerly appraisals right there in front of you he is with the WA Gemological Laboratory.  http://www.wwgemlab.com/qual.htm

Also, insurance companys like State Farm do personal articles on jewerly which covers damage, lost, theft so if a stone falls out it would be covered.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards