Delaware
Options

Brides & Grooms

So I went to Brides & Grooms today to see if they had a particular dress that I had tried on at Simons. I went because 1. everyone has said so many great things about Brides & Grooms and also how inexpensive they were and 2.when I went back to Simons to show my mom the dress, they were extremely rude and I decided to not buy anything from them even though I had loved a dress! 
So I decided to go and it was the best experience ever! I met with a woman named Faith. Not only did she find the dress I had liked previously but she also brought out a ton of other dresses and gave me suggestions. I tried on a ton of dresses and actually ended up putting a deposit on my dream dress! It isn't a Maggie Sottero like I thought I had wanted but a Casablanca and it fit my curves like a glove! It is amazing!! Plus she gave me a discount and I ended up paying over a $100 less. I am so excited and am really considering having my bridesmaids get their dresses there too. I was originally going to order them online but Faith helped me so much and showed me so many different bridesmaid dresses that I am going to have the girls go up there and look at them
So thank you girls for talking so much about this place! Definitely made my day :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Brides & Grooms

• Options
    JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh goody! congrats on the dress!!!!! I thought I had to have a maggie too! I wound up with Demetrios. lol. Oh that's so exciting! I tell ya, the experience is sooo important when finding your dress! I'm so glad you had a great one! I didn't go there but lots of others have and I've heard great things.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    huttonjhuttonj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Isn't faith GREAT?! She helped me as well and it was an awesome experience. I fell in love with a particular bridesmaid dress at david's, but i REFUSE to go there (bad experiences and horror stories) --- so Faith gave me all of the designers they carry and can order from to see if they have any similar ones - i've found a few and can't wait to go back with my girls so they can have a great experience too! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just went there last weekend and bought my dress too!!!!!  I had Carmen and she was a dream.  When I first walked in, I didn't know what to expect.  But she just kept bringing me dresses and after about 2.5 hours I found  my dress! 

All the comments she made were spot on with what my family said.  She was so in tune with me and what I wanted but didn't know I wanted.  Amazing!!! 

And the price!!  I ended up with Maggie and thought I would be paying about $1200 for the dress. NOPE!!!  It ended up being $750.  Everyone was so suprised because it really is an amazing dress for really only half my dress budget!!!
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_delaware_brides-grooms-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:77Discussion:daaa90d1-9fac-4623-bd59-1d7c1d063f7dPost:0807a782-4981-4253-937d-ebb11a1306c5">Re: Brides & Grooms</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just went there last weekend and bought my dress too!!!!!  I had Carmen and she was a dream.  When I first walked in, I didn't know what to expect.  But she just kept bringing me dresses and after about 2.5 hours I found  my dress!  All the comments she made were spot on with what my family said.  She was so in tune with me and what I wanted but didn't know I wanted.  Amazing!!!  And the price!!  I ended up with Maggie and thought I would be paying about $1200 for the dress. NOPE!!!  It ended up being $750.  Everyone was so suprised because it really is an amazing dress for really only half my dress budget!!!
    Posted by soontobeschooley[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thats awesome!

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just spoke with a bride at work yesterday who said that she went to Faith @ Brides and Grooms, too!  Nothing but great things about Faith, apparently.

YAY for the dress!!!
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FAITH is AMAZING!

When I went dress shopping, I tried on dresses that came in Plus Size- but were sample sizes in the store.  The first dress, I was embarressed to come out because it wouldn't zip all the way.  I was hiding behind doors and shrinking back so no one would see.  Faith literally yanked me up on the pedistal, and said to me, "Stand up straight, honey!  You are gorgeous, you are going to be a gorgeous bride, and you have nothing to be ashamed of.  Your soon to be hubby thinks you are gorgeous, or he wouldn't be where he is now with you, right?  And he's the only one that matters, right?  You stand up tall and be proud of who you are- because you should be!"

It was exactly what I needed to hear.  After she said that, I was able to enjoy myself, and had fun from there on out.  Every time we came in the store, she made sure there was a chair for me, and really took care of us.  I was so happy that I got to work with her.

Susan is awesome as well- though I think she is out on maternity leave.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards