March 2013 Weddings
Options

Eloping Sounds Better and Better :)

Greetings, ladies!

Choosing to have a small wedding (inviting only 60 people, including family) is going to be the death of me. It seemed to be the most logical answer to our $5000 budget, but it is turning into a guilt-trip fest. This normally wouldn't bother me, but combining it with all of the other stressors may not have been the best choice.

My fiance and I recently built a house. Our completion date was yesterday, and we are looking to close on the 30th of this month. The new house was our main reason to keep the wedding/wedding budget small. Ladies, if you ever undertake a new construction be prepared for what I call "random stress". I'm normally pretty chill, but there is something about people calling you for a decision to be made that second for something that will be done in less than 24 hours to your house that makes you a little looney. (It also makes the future in-laws loonier)

I'm a teacher. Exams are around the corner. I'm also planning prom (that will be held a month after my wedding). Can you say 2 weddings? Cause that's pretty much what I'm doing.

I'm in a dance troupe that is highly sought for the months of December and January. My FMIL is planning on holding my bridal shower in January. I am very appreciative that she would take the time and plan something for me. As far as I know, she has not picked a date for the shower, and I'm afraid it'll be on a day where I have to drop a gig I've committed to, or on a day that my troupe sisters won't be able to come. (I don't have any bridesmaids, but if I did, it would be them and I REALLY want them there).

All in all, it feels a little overwhelming. Especially after losing my mother last year to breast cancer. This is a little rant I'd normally share with her. I'm all in all grateful for what I have and the people in my life. I'm just saying...I'm headed to Vegas!! (Not really...but if my FI were to agree to it, I'd be gone tomorrow). WHO'S WITH ME??? :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Eloping Sounds Better and Better :)

• Options
    Aw I'm so sorry you're stressing!! I know it all seems like a lot, I have days where I feel like I wish it would just be the wedding day already. I don't know if I'm really able to help but just try to take it one day at a time, everything will come together and be beautiful :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh, I'm finally burnt out so I totally agree that eloping would have been so much easier! I'm super independent so I've been taking on a lot. I've pawned some things off on FI but he procrastinates worse than I do so instead of him taking a little stress off me, I'm nagging him or just doing things myself anyways. I've been pretty sick with bronchitis the last couple weeks and I think it's all caught up to me because right now I feel so incredibly overwhelmed. Kinda makes me wish I would have just hired a wedding planner or something! I had a talk with FI but he sat down at the computer today to play a game and didn't even think about wedding things until I made it obvious I was feeling frustrated again. I just need like a week off from all this but there's so much to do and time isn't slowing down!

Hoping things will get better soon. Just needed to vent a bit and I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling this way!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    Thank you SO MUCH, ladies for providing a safe place for me to vent. And if you all need an ear to listen and agree with you, I'm your girl! <3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Aww just hang on in there. All the hardwork will pay off in the end! I wish you the best and congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My family and my poor fiance just had an all out fight about the guest-list. And it was a fight within a fight, the other fight being between us about two different things. It's been an awesome week. I can't tell you how often I've wished we could just elope - especially after the past few days, lol. 
    We wanted there to be only 80 people, and our budget's 10,000 - and our hope is to get most of the honeymoon in that budget too. We knew 80 was going to be a challenge from the get-go since we're Arab, and Arab weddings easily hit 300 guests. Lo and behold, fiance presented me a finalized guest-list for his side of 67 people on Tuesday. Needless to say it lost it's 'final' status pretty quick and got whittled down but, we're still at 108 guests. 
    But desipte that big row (the biggest we've had by far), I still love him and we're still not caving and eloping :o) On the good days, I get pretty excited about the wedding - as wildly out of control as it's spinning. It'll be fun :o)
    Hang in there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I can't tell you how many times I've said, "I now understand why people elope."  

My fiance and I are doing well and we're sticking together, but the fun starts with all the family dynamics and financial stressors.  I do have to say that going through this together is definitely strengthening us as a couple.  

Hang in there!  I'm hanging in there with you.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I think I've told my FI that the wedding is cancel and let's just elope a couple of times now. He held me and said "everything is going to be alright. Do you need any help with anything? I know that I can't see your vision for our wedding but I can do a couple of things". He is my rock. And because of him, I will go through with this crazy wedding planning and can't wait for March 24, 2013. In the mean time, I direct my energy to create wedding centerpieces and my frustration by exercising and eating right so I can fit in my wedding dress! :D 

Hang in there!! It'll be over in a few months :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards