Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

What is the going rate for a photographer? Also need suggestions

We are planning a small very casual NO wedding.  You can say it has champagne tastes on a beer can budget!

In efforts to keep expenses down I am looking for a photographer for a 1/2 day as it seems like most charge for 8 hours and have all these extra sessions included.  We will not have a wedding party and it is just a courtyard wedding with the reception in the same place.  A few quote I've received still seem a little high to be but, I have nothing to compare it to.  I was hoping to stay around the $1000 range but, it's not looking like it's going to happen.

What is the going rate for a decent photographer?  Does anyone know any that are reasonably priced and do an exceptional job ;-)

Re: What is the going rate for a photographer? Also need suggestions

• Options
    meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Simone Epiphany she has a web site if you Google her.  She's young but she's been highly professional.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Babs Evangelista.  She has big packages but she is also incredibly willing to work with you on just providing what you need.  She's in Europe right now for a week or two longer but she's very diligent about checking her online stuff. 

• Options
    bethandivybethandivy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have something similar to you planned and I just looked into A Moment In Time photography... The rates listed on their website are very reasonable.
    www.amoment-in-time.com
    TTC#2 for 13 months - 5th round of clomid did it! BFP 10/2/12 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    wmh6wmh6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Dark Roux Photography for my wedding in June.  I had to contact them from their website, and they responded pretty quickly with their packages.  They should be in your price range.

www.darkroux.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved Babs but I made a connedtion with the photographer that I ended up hiring, Jessica Bachmann.  My suggestion: look at as many websites as you can find, then schedule meetings with your top 5 favs. go with the one you have the best connection with.  I feel like if you can make that connection it's important bcause you end up spending a lot of your day with the photographer. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Sabree Hill.  We are using her for our wedding in June and she has been awesome to work with so far.  Her prices are very reasonable and she is super nice and accommodating thus far.

sabreehillphotography.com

GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second that, Check out Sabree Hill! I booked her for my October wedding. Her prices should be within your budget. Her packets start with $999 for up to 6h of coverage. www.sabreehillphotography.com

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    amyj54amyj54 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!  I have my work cut out for me today!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also went with Dark Roux photography! They are really affordable considering you get two photographers. I love their style, and the couple is really nice. Www.darkroux.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oops. I forget to say, their packages are nice, and I think they may be flexible.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I originally looked at Jessica Bachmann, but she was booked for my date.  I have decided on Erika Parker, she has been very thorough with all the questions I've had and her packages start at 975 for 5 hours of coverage and you get a cd with photo release, which most that I looked at added about 200 for that!
  • Options
    hollybee92hollybee92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eau Photo - Sandra O'Claire has small wedding packages, which we used. She is super reasonable!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with C.C.'s Photos. She is on facebook, and her packages are very reasonable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards