New York-Long Island

Pedestals Florist

Anyone using them?  I am and I booked with Vito but when I called today they told me his is now out on medical leave.  I never spoke to anyone else and booked with him because of his passion that came through while we were talking at our first appointment.  Is anyone using another designer at this place?
Anniversary
my read shelf:
Stephanie's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Pedestals Florist

• KKEENAN80KKEENAN80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it is the one in Garden City I used them.  Loved them!  Met with Nadia - she was great!
  • smatuzasmatuza member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, that is the one.  Thanks for the recommendation of Nadia, I will try and speak with her when I go!
    Anniversary
    my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Smatuza, how did it go with Pedestals?  I'm working with Robert, but something isn't sitting well with me.  I've read a lot of not-so-great reviews.  Any advice/warnings? 
  • smatuzasmatuza member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    everything was absolutely beautiful and people are still talking to me about how beautiful the arrangements were.  i absolutely loved the bouquets as well!  i worked with virgil after vito left (vito is now in westchester county at westchester floral design, my friend booked him!).  below are pics :)

Anniversary
    my read shelf:
  • jr2448jr2448 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would never recommend this florist to anyone. Please BEWARE, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR YOUR FLOWERS. This company was supposed to arrive at 1:00 to deliver my flowers for a 2:30 wedding. I get a phone call from the delivery man who was not Christoper, who was the consultant I had been working with. He tells me that they cant fit under a bridge and are running an hour late. I told them that my wedding starts at 2:30! He then said he was going to put all of my flowers in a car and drive them over. The company was lying. I work at a restaurant that deals with Pedestals. They have never had a problem getting under a bridge before. Needless to say they arrived at my house at 2:35. We all were waiting outside to get into our limos. The company didn't even apologize for being late. Christopher our consultant was no where to be found. Then, I get to the church very late and the ribbon I wanted on the  railing wasn't even on the railing. I paid extra for the ribbon. When I called to complain later on they said oops we forgot because we were running late. So I am walking into the church and I look at my alter flowers. They left a napkin on my flowers. For a good 10 minutes of the ceremony I thought it was a dunkin donuts napkin. But, as I looked closer it said North Ritz Club. I was furious!!!! I paid alot of money for my flowers and was not at all happy with the flowers. Then, later on in our celebration one of my guests came up to me and said the pew flowers popped off. So, In the middle of my ceremony the flowers that were on the pew exploded and went everywhere. Luckily, when we got to the reception all of the flowers centerpieces were gorgeous!! If you would like to see pictures of my church flowers with the napkin on it please do not hesitate to email me. I will be happy to show you what type of business this company runs. HORRIBLE COMPANY PLEASE BEWARE!!!!!!!!

• I <p>in Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_pedestals-florist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:7c5d5bf9-3053-454b-a0e6-74e04c399644Post:8cfa901b-62ba-4229-a53c-cdffadb13496">Re: Pedestals Florist</a>:
    [QUOTE]everything was absolutely beautiful and people are still talking to me about how beautiful the arrangements were.  i absolutely loved the bouquets as well!  i worked with virgil after vito left (vito is now in westchester county at westchester floral design, my friend booked him!).  below are pics :)
    Posted by smatuza[/QUOTE]

O.M.G.!! i was browsing through posts about Pedestals florists and i came upon ur reply to one of them, in which you had posted pics of your wedding flowers. It turns our we are using the same florists and our wedding colors are exactly the same!! I recently went in to meet with our florist, Virgil, and he showed us a sample centerpiece and it was almost exactly like yours! i'm sooo happy to see that your wedding turned out great and that the flowers arrived well. </p>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards