Ohio-Toledo

New Knottie!!

Hello all!  I am new to the board.  I have been lurking for awhile however.  I currently live out of town, but I am having my wedding in my fiance's home town......Toledo!!!  We picked our date, got the venue we wanted, now I just need some help with photogs.  Does anyone have any suggestions??  We are looking for an artsy type, I don't want traditional at all.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!! 

Re: New Knottie!!

• edited December 2011
    Hello all!  I am new to the board.  I have been lurking for awhile however.  I currently live out of town, but I am having my wedding in my fiance's home town......Toledo!!!  We picked our date, got the venue we wanted, now I just need some help with photogs.  Does anyone have any suggestions??  We are looking for an artsy type, I don't want traditional at all.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!! 
  • edited December 2011
    If you want an artsy type I definitely recommend Everlasting Images.  They love taking artistic photos.  They are our photographers, we have only used them for our engagement session so far, but they did my sister's wedding three years ago and her pics were amazing.  They just have a different point of view and you will get some amazing pictures that you would have never thought of taking yourself.

And welcome to the boards!!!!  In addition to your local board, check out your wedding month board.  It is really nice to communicate with girls going through the same things at the same time, a little support group of sorts.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everlasting Images did my brother's wedding, and the pictures turned out pretty good.  Their shots of the bride and groom alone were very artsy, but I don't think that the rest of the pictures were artsy (IMO).  It's possible that my brother chose it that way though. Ty Photography does some artsy stuff.  Not my style though.  However, my friends who hired them and they loved their pictures.  Too many canted angles for me though personally.  I know Love Is Greater Photography is pretty artsy too.  I saw some engagement photos he did and they were really artsy and really good, too.

I'm going with New Image Photography.  What I saw of the pictures seemed more like the style I was looking for.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We used Sarah J Photography in Nov. 2008 - www.sarahjphoto.net.  At the time, Mary Wyar was her associate photog, but she has her own business now - http://www.marywyar.com.  Her style is pretty "artsy."  I'd also recommend ShutterLove Studio: http://www.shutterlovestudio.com.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Jennifer from JEM photography.  Her website is www.momentsbyjem.com We loved her.  If you scroll through a few weddings, ours is labelled "Abbey and Shawn'
  • edited December 2011
    We booked Sarah J for our wedding next year and can't wait! Here's a link to her blog: http://sarahjphoto.net/guesswhat/

We looked into Mary Wyar but the prices were more than we wanted to spend. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome to the board! http://www.photographybyamycook.com/ Amy is my photographer.  She is just starting out, but she is really good and very afforable.

Congrats on your engagement!  When are you getting married and whats your venue?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto to Sarah J.  She's amazing and so much fun to work with.  She books up really fast.  She does an amazing job.
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome to the board!!

All of the recommendations in this post are good ones.  I have personal experience with both Everlasting Images and New Image and would recommend them both.  New Image has multiple photographers, so if you go with them, be sure to explain your style preferences so that they can match you up with the best photographer for your style. :):)

Also, I'm not sure what your budget is, but if you're interested in a slightly higher-end photographer, Decisive Moment is awesome, and they have a very artsy/photojournalistic style.  (www.dmoment.com)

:)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • edited December 2011

Christi! I knew i recognized you! Your finace was at the ballpark the day my and my fi got our pics done there! LOLOL

We are using Everlasting Images ALSO! :)

Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh SORRY! I got caught up in the excitement! LOL Welcome to the BOARD! THese girls are so great. They got all kinds of good info to share!
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi I'm new too. I have worked with just about every photog in Toledo and all of the ones listed above are awesome! Also Considering Lilies, TY photo, and Cap-ture are all great.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!! Sarah at Sarah J Photography is AWESOME!! I have also heard some great things about Kellie at icandy photography.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_new-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:f9f7bc08-a26d-4aeb-b903-c9c891a1a475Post:62630607-c5ce-4ef2-a00d-7af897c484ac">Re: New Knottie!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Christi! I knew i recognized you! Your finace was at the ballpark the day my and my fi got our pics done there! LOLOL We are using Everlasting Images ALSO! :)
    Posted by bsharp3[/QUOTE]

I sent you a private message regarding this!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards