• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
December 2010 Weddings

Guest Book for Bar?

My cousin, an art major & BM, told me she wanted to make me a guest book as a gift a couple months ago.  Tonight she told me she doesn't really have the time to do it because she's busy with school.  I'm fine with that, I figured it'd let me do something more creative :)

However, I'm not so creative, lol.  So, I turn to you ladies!  FI and I are looking to buy a house after the wedding, and the one must-have for our house is a bar in the basement, whether it's already there or we build it.

It just popped into my head, it would be really cool to have our guests sign something "bar-ish" that we could hang on the wall or display in the bar somehow.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Thanks!
*12.31.10*New Year's Eve!*
*BFP 1.3.13* IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary

Re: Guest Book for Bar?

• hmmm - I have an idea for you.

I think you could buy an oversize mirror and put a sticker frame on it, like one of these...

Then people could sign in sharpie or paint pen around the outside, and you could have the middle as the mirror itself?

Of course, you'd have to be careful cleaning it...
    December Siggy Challenge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Where we met - Mount Isa
    a small mining town in the Australian Outback. Neither of us are from there but we both moved there in the second last year of highschool. He was moved next to me in maths class to stop him talking. It didn't work.
  • Thanks ladies :)   lol I guess my questions are always hard, because I barely ever get any responses :-P

The mirror idea is cool, but I do have a mirror already for our future bar (it's Captain Morgan - I'm in love).  Not sure if I want to put stuff on it...

I also like the barstool idea.   Hmmm decisions!

I'm not sure, but I think FI and I are in agreement (I'm talking to him on AIM about this right now, he's at work. lol).  But, seeings how love everything Captain (and beachy/piratey (I have a lot of Captain Bar stuff), I was thinking of getting a piece of wood, and FI will use a router to write "The Plank," and we'll have people sign in black sharpie.  I think he said about lacquering it too.  If you think about it, it's kinda funny, besides it being Captain-ish (he is the original Planksta), it's our wedding, some people could see it as "walking the plank"  like taking the big leap, lol.
  • that's a cute idea :)

Your other option would be to buy a bar-top (or something that could be incorporated into a bar top) and have people sign that?  then same idea, varnish it to preserve everyone's obnoxious ramblings!
    December Siggy Challenge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Where we met - Mount Isa
    a small mining town in the Australian Outback. Neither of us are from there but we both moved there in the second last year of highschool. He was moved next to me in maths class to stop him talking. It didn't work.
  • haha, misslol I thought of that too!  The only problem with that is that we dont' know how long/wide it'd have to be and what color, since we haven't bought a house yet.  B/c that would be an awesome idea!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards