Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Come here, bloggers

ANyone use Blogger/Blogspot?  It has been pissing me the fuuuuck off lately.  My HTML isn't working, and now it's suddenly decided to not let me edit a post I was actively working on.  I can't even C&P to start a new post with what I already have written.  I understand that it's a free service, but seriously?  Is anyone else having these issues?  Has anyone made a switch to Wordpress?  Someone told me once that it's super easy and you can pretty much just dump all your stuff from Blogger to Wordpress, is that true?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

Re: Come here, bloggers

• Options
    I started a blogger site last week/the week before...and I haven't had any problems.

sorry I am no help.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_come-here-bloggers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b429bef1-7b17-47c6-8873-9fafa59cd15dPost:af8b3135-b84b-42f7-8e03-84df3415f72f">Come here, bloggers</a>:
    [QUOTE]ANyone use Blogger/Blogspot?  It has been pissing me the fuuuuck off lately.  My HTML isn't working, and now it's suddenly decided to not let me edit a post I was actively working on.  I can't even C&P to start a new post with what I already have written.  I understand that it's a free service, but seriously?  Is anyone else having these issues?  Has anyone made a switch to Wordpress?  Someone told me once that<strong> it's super easy and you can pretty much just dump all your stuff from Blogger to Wordpress, is that true?</strong>
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>This is true! I haven't done it but a friend of mine is trying to get into professional blogging and she switched to wordpress and has had great experience with it.</div><div>
    </div><div>I just use tumblr, because I didn't know any better. </div>
  • Options
    Blogger occassionally has quirks, I've noticed.  My blog is set up as one-in-three with tabs at the top to jump between them.  Sometimes, Blogger just decides it doesn't like that and the tabs won't work.  I dunno.  It goes back to working properly in about a day or two.

I'm far too lazy to move everything to new platform.  Good luck there, JK.
  • Options
    Ugh, Joy, unfortunately a lot of these things have been ongoing for a while now for me.

I don't know, maybe it's me.  I don't get what I'm doing wrong though. 

• Options
    I'd bet $1000 that the trouble isn't you, it's Blogger. 
  • Options
    Well, I'd almost prefer it to be me!

It's a big part of the reason my posting has been so sporadic.  When i do find the time or motivation to blog, I get so frustrated and angry with all the issues, it's not worth it.

• Options
    ALSO?  It won't let me view comments on anyone else's blogs.  Whenever I click on "view comments" it starts to take me there, and then the screen goes blank.  It's been doing this for months.  It's sooooo angryfying.

• Options
    Now that I thnk about it a little more, I wonder if it's my ancient laptop. My laptop is damn near 10 years old, and I can no longer update Firefox because my OS is no longer compatible with any of the newer versions.  I wonder if it's not compatible with the new Blogger layout.

• Options
    Hmm... your problems seems more severe than simple quirkiness. 

Definitely try on a different computer with an updated browser! 

I also write all my posts in Word and then just c&p them in...  Easier (for me).
  • Options
    But I don't waaaaaannnaaaaaa switch to Wordpress.  I like OTHER features of Blogger.  HMPF.

I'll have to try it on my H's laptop later and see if that works.  Maybe I can blog from his if it does.

• Options
    I use blogger, and I haven't had any issues lately. Every once in awhile I will run into a few problems, but for the most part I don't have many problems. I hope it stops acting up for you so that you don't have to change over Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • Options
    I haven't posted in a few days, but I haven't had any problems. What browser are you using?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards