Flowers

HELP ME CHOOSE FLOWER COLORS!

I need help!  I am having the hardest time trying to find beautiful flowers for my bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets/groomsmen bouts. My bridal party is wearing "blue velvet" long dresses from David's Bridal. I attached pictures of the actual dress (in red), but the color will be that blue. I am wearing an offwhite strapless dress. My colors are black/white damask runners for the reception over black table cloths with silver candelabra centerpieces.  Any ideas?  I was thinking something with lime green orchids....any ideas would be great!

Braxton & Lizzie 10.9.10 Photobucket

Re: HELP ME CHOOSE FLOWER COLORS!

• Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I see that you have an October/Fall wedding, so you could do some vivid fall colors or jewel tones for the ceremony/WP flowers.  They will really pop against the vivid blue if you want that "wow!" effect.

The ceremony and reception colors/theme don't have to match, but because of the black and white with silver accents going on at the reception, I think I'd keep the flower colors simple. 

The green you suggested would be simple, and pretty with either the blue, or the black and white at the reception.  I would probably personally go with all white flowers for simplicity.  Or you might could combine the white flowers, with just a touch of the green orchids for interest. 

• edited December 2011

My colors are a dark red.  I am thinking of pink flowers with white baby breath.  I am not sure if a touch of yellow would be a good idea.  Any suggestions?  My wedding will outdoors in the summer....  Thanks.

• edited December 2011
    My bridesmaids are wearing the same color. Our flowers will be ivory and green roses with white peruvian lilies and green hypernicum berries.
  • edited December 2011
    @spim- yes, i like the green hypericum berries. I was thinking white roses, white lisianthus, eucalyptus and green hypericum, with lime green orchids maybe? 

@calalily- ooo lavendar could be really pretty! i haven't thought about that. any ideas for a beautiful lavendar?

@kristy- i love deep red. I dont know how i like it with pink flowers though, especially during summer. Something about it seems too valentine's day-ish. Definitly no blue because then it's too patriotic. I always like the look where the bride holds flowers that are the bridesmaid color (so a bouquet of red roses or something), then the bridesmaids hold bouquets like the brides dress (so beautiful white flowers).  If that is too simple for you, i think a pale yellow would definitly be really pretty- gerber daisies are cute summer flowers. let me look at some ideas...
    Braxton & Lizzie 10.9.10 Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards