Chit Chat

Venue Help

So I am in the process of selecting a venue and our top choice just told us that on the dates we inquired about there is another event going on in the ballroom next to the ballroom we would like to use and that sometimes she does not recommend that with large parties such as a reception. I really am in love with this ballroom and there is the option of changing the date of the wedding but have any of you had your wedding reception while another event is going on? How was it? What would you recommend?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venue Help

• <font color="#800080">Purple's my fav color.

Thanks for your advice! I will definitely ask those questions when I see the coordinator this weekend!
    </font>
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_venue-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:0e5dc375-e363-45ef-9e4d-b76d4d5b7a5dPost:90a276f8-142f-4a05-be90-f19da3ea98ca">Re: Venue Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why purple?  What's wrong with black text? I did.  Because of the way our venue was set up we never would have known there was another event if someone hadn't told us.  Why does your venue not recommend it?  Are the rooms not soundproof enough?  Would it mean your guests and attendees of the other event will be sharing a restroom?  Get to the bottom of this before making your decision.
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I liked purple too, but its really hard on the eyes on a white background on the computer screen.

I hope you are able to get some answers from your venue!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'd post on your local board to see if anyone's had their reception there, find out what they have to say.
    Anniversary
  • Definitely check with the venue.  If a venue is hesitant to have two larger events at the same time, they definitely have a reason for it.  I would also ask for previous clients that you could contact - especially clients who were booked on the same day.  Not only do you need to think about restrooms, but there's also parking!! Also check about tables, chairs, linens, staff resources.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Good thinking thanks!!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_venue-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:0e5dc375-e363-45ef-9e4d-b76d4d5b7a5dPost:84592ec9-3f9e-4b83-8ef3-a63116d297a1">Re: Venue Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Definitely check with the venue.  If a venue is hesitant to have two larger events at the same time, they definitely have a reason for it.  I would also ask for previous clients that you could contact - especially clients who were booked on the same day.  Not only do you need to think about restrooms, but there's also parking!! Also check about tables, chairs, linens, staff resources.
    Posted by lb1212[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards