Michigan-Detroit

Disapointed in David's Bridal spring collection!

I've been waiting and waiting and waiting to look at David's Bridal's spring collection, and i must say im very dissapointed.

There is one dress that I possibly like...But, i would have to alter it, take off the halter and make it regular straps, then i would love it.

Being a plus sized girl is rough, and finding a Salon with Alfred Angelo dresses are is even rougher.

I'll find it eventually.. 30 pounds gone, 30 more to go! and 330 days to go!
Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*

Re: Disapointed in David's Bridal spring collection!

• edited December 2011
    Is there a reason why you have to have an Alfred Angelo dress? I suggested in a post down below of a few places that I had luck at when I was looking for bridal gowns. Hopefully you find something you love.
  • jhawthorne85jhawthorne85 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    No,i dont need to have alfred angelo, im just saying those, Alfred Angelo and David's bridal seem to be the only places I can find that has plus size! and even stores that carry Alfred Angelo are scarce...

Ill take a look at your post. Thanks for the input!
    Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*
  • edited December 2011

I'd still go try things on if you're considering David's.  Dresses can look so different when you get them on and alot of women end up choosing dresses that are different than what they had in mind.  I wanted no lace, few beads--I ended up getting (and loving!) an all lace and bead dress.

• edited December 2011
    David's Bridal isn't all that special... we had HORRIBLE service when we went there for my BMs dresses. Sure, the dresses were cute and cheap, but the employees didn't make us feel special or even really happy while we were there. I'm the bride and yet I had to be the one going back and forth to the rack grabbing dresses for the BMs and my sister (MOH) had a dress on and even ran over to the racks to get another one because our "assistant" wasn't assisting. Really, you should consider looking elsewhere because you want to feel happy when finding THE DRESS. I went to Demetrio's in Troy.. I don't know if they have plus size but they treated me like royalty and it was the best feeling in the world.. 

best of luck! xoxo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards