Flowers

How many roses?

I want to do hand-tied roses for my bouquets, but I have no idea how many I should use for mine, or for the bridesmaids...

What's a typical number?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How many roses?

• mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I think it has more to do with how you want it to look and how much it is going to cost.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sweet_AdelineSweet_Adeline member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want it to be fairly full, cost isn't really an issue since bulk roses are pretty affordable.  I was thinking 24? I just have no clue how big that will actually be...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    24 roses would probably be pretty full, especially if you are going to add in any kind of filler
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    At full bloom, 8 roses are good for an 8" bouquet. Decide how big you want your bouquet to be first. 24 sounds like a pretty large bouquet to me.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    According to my florist friend, to get the best shape from a bouquet, use an odd number. When someone orders a "dozen" she adds one to get the shape she wants.

I'm using a doz roses in each bouquet. $10 per flower.
  • edited December 2011
    I used........ oh, I forget... right around 20-24 stems in my bouquet, but I used some stems of spray roses, alstroemeria, and 3 different roses that were all different sizes.

I think about 15 in my BMs' bouquets, and 10 or 12 in the jr BM's

Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had 24 (with the roses blown out for the fullest look possible) and it was a great size. It wasn't too large at all. Pic below.

**i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you visit Bridesign.com - it has photos of rose bouquets, as well as an explanation of how many roses are in each particular style. The photos are of someone actually holding the bouquet so you get an general idea of sizing.

HTH!
    Anniversary
  • kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_many-roses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:23169def-6d60-4e00-a908-2522d85dfc59Post:6ed853e6-026b-441e-b0df-07b70ffa2a46">Re: How many roses?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your bouquet size depends on your size, your style and design of dress etc. In general it should be around 9in in diameter, again depending on the variables above.  If you are petite, you should do a smaller bouquet.  If your dress had a lot of beading or detail, it would be best to have a bouquet on the smaller size so as not to take away from your dress,.
    Posted by callalily07[/QUOTE]

That is what my florist told me!
    We ended up going with 18 for me & 9 for each of my girls.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards